Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went back out to the usual spot, talked to a couple guys I usually see when we're out there. They said I need to come out and try this crossing, that they almost made it but then their distributor got underwater and killed it...they were on the quest of searching for grease or silicone to seal it up so they could try again. :popc1:

Right Click -> Save As first...then go onto the thread, it's a slow download. :( YouTube is down right now.

http://paradox.shacknet.nu/dave88lx/79bronco/mudding/redbronco-crossing.wmv

EDIT: YouTube is up now too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOf9kttiwuE

The truck on the left is the one that made it through, I think it's on 31" tires. They have their air intake plumbed into the heater box/fan, so it pulls air in from the cab. The thing is a wiring nightmare, how it made it through I have no idea!

Mine on the right:

Nothing special...300 straight-6:

On the other side:

Now THAT'S how a redneck fishes! Caught it in the Bronco. :histerica

Every day I decide more and more I need a snorkel. I hit a pretty thick mudhole, that caked up my air filter so bad that it collapsed on itself and my truck would barely CRAWL. I had to limp it to the water, clean it out, pop it back into shape, and get another one from the parts store. :thumbup Got a taller one, longer stud, and built this shield out of a coolant bottle to make keep a little splash down. I would use my stock filter setup, but it's cracked and the bottom lets water/mud up into the "clean" side of the filter.

My buddy wasn't too happy after hitting that big mudhole either.:rofl: He wants a Jeep.

They all looked at us kind of funny...these guys are awesome.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Ahaha nice water crossing. Funny when you opened the door and all the water came out. Just be careful that you dont end up like sratex.:toothless

Did oriellys tell you to get the muddy hunk of junk outta their parking lot.:rofl:

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha that wasn't me or my Bronco, just some people I met out there. Mine's the '79 that was too ***** to go across the water :whiteflag

Nah they just started shaking their heads when I walked in...I'm in there pretty frequently. :toothless

·
Registered
77 Posts
does ur buddy got a fishin license?:>
hey look in the pic of orileys they have a sign we loan specialty tools maybe theres one to fix ur buddys head (wantin a jeep) jeeps r kool but far from being the forged power houses broncos have become

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah look at the O'Reilly's window inside...no more parts, I think I bought them out!

I really need a snorkel. And to vent everything.

What all is done to your truck to drive it through water like that?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts