130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BOTTOMS UP OFFROAD CLUB​
PRESENTS
1ST ANNUAL OFFROAD TRAIL RIDE​
Potts mountain jeep trail
SATURDAY APRIL 1, 2005
MEET AT “THE PINES” CAMPING AREA AT 10:00am
Bring the family for a day of trail riding.Trail rigs should be street legal with license and insurance.​
33” tires recommended.​
Bottoms up off road club is only organizing this, and is by no means responsible for persons or vehicles on this ride.​
For more info contact;​
Jamie 540-747-1039 [email protected] Dennis 540-747-2539 [email protected]
This will be a family oriented ride. Everyone welcome.​

I have added this to the FSB calendar, Please go there , and click the link if you will be attending this event!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From 81
Exit 141 to va 311 north to new castle
Turn right on va 615
Turn left on va 609 to va 611
Turn left on va 611 to va 617
Turn right on va 617
5.5 miles on left

From 220
220 north to end of 4 lane highway (eagle rock)
Cross bridge-turn left onto craig creek rd.
Turn right onto roaring run road
Roaring run rd. becomes rich patch rd.
Turn left on Jamison mountain rd.
5.5 miles on right

From 64
Exit 16 to va 18 south
Turn left on va 18 south
Turn left onto bluespring run rd.
Turn right onto Jamison mountain rd.
5.5 miles on right

sorry, should have done that earlier.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
there isnt but 1 trail. it has bypasses but there are some major obstacles too. the trail starts at the bottom of the mountain and goes up the side and out the top, then exits on a another forest service road. we will run it to the forest service road, and the people that want to drop off and go back to camp can, we will then turn around, take a break and ride back through it backwards. its really a different trail that way. it will take all day, but you can drop off after the 1st round if you dont like it or break. after the 2nd ride, we will go back to the campsite and gather up(for those that would be camping)! so far, i have heard that this trail is comparable to the trails at tellico. i have never been there, but did go to windrock and it does compare to those for sure. let me know if you are interested.

·
that's a lot of oil
776 Posts
I could definately be in for that. I'll mark the date. Only about an hour and a half from me.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
its free camping there too. its still early in the game yet, but i would say anyone from out of town would stay there. im not about 5 miles from there so i wouldnt be. it will be april so the weather should be good enough to camp. lockers are nice up there but i have run it open with 35s and its a challenge. it has gotten a bit worse than it use to be. i'll update how many rigs we have and how many plan on camping. sound ok?

·
Registered
63 Posts
how many rigs are you looking to have out there... if I come I will most likely bring 2 or three rigs on top of me... is there gonna be a problem with to many rigs?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
we have several members to help with this and if we have to, we can split up in groups if it get too big. is there a such thing of too big? nope! i expect, so far, 20 rigs, but im hoping for 30+. i have about 10 local and 10 others, so its looking good. we have flyers out local and getting calls and emails steady about it, not sure how many of those are serious but.....so far, so good! ya'll come on and bring your tents and spend the night. if there is enough interest, we might even get a night ride together and thrash some after dark. never knoiw what might happen here. main thing is, that we all have a good time and wheel all you want!

·
Registered
63 Posts
yeah man keep me posted... i will definately have me and another rig headed up and I will work on about 3 or 4 more...

·
Registered
258 Posts
Anyone who shows should have a good time. I lived there 18 years of my life and know there are plenty of places to "get some mud on the tires" and its a very mountainous area. Great scenery, lots of motels in town for those who aren't the camping type, fast food joints, pizza hut and I think they just opened a Appelbees restaurant. I just hope theres good weather.:chili:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
you coming up aint ya? plan is on food.....eat packed lunch on trail saturday around 1 or 2. then after the ride is complete back at camp the club is grilling hotdogs for everyone, just a lil thanks for showing up. so, supper will be on us, if you dont like hotdogs, then may better bring something. if there is enough interest we will do a night run back up the same trail and then possibly a sunday morning run for half the day and pack up and go home. so far ive got 20 rigs from the web and who knows how many from the flyers that ive posted. hope the broncos can play well with the jeeps. i think there may be a ramcharger in the plans too. that should throw out a lil competition for the broncos. a few 3/4 chevys and a** load of jeeps. the wife is wheeling our 82 FSB and i'll be stuck in the rough riding jeepster again. hows everything sound so far?

1 - 20 of 71 Posts