Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Ya'll,

I'll be getting some new 15x10s when I get my 35s and I was wondering if ya'll could show me the wheels you have on your '78/'79. [Also lemme know how much lift you have.]

I'm just wanting some cheapy chrome or aluminum wheels. No black or white painted ones. Nothing spectacular or dramatic, just some plain ol wheels and wanna see what the options look like.

Thanks. :thumbup

[Oh and I thought I'd search SuperMotors and just pull up all the 78/79 Broncos, but for every one profile that had pics, I pulled up 5 more with no pics and I got tired of going through them.]

·
No avatar required
10,959 Posts
35x12.50x15 X-terrains on 15x8 white wagons. 4" susp lift

Same as above, but painted flat black

35x12.50x15 AT's on 15x10 stock height

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bnkrtstk said:
35x12.50x15 AT's on 15x10 stock height..
Sweet, thanks for that pic. That's exactly what I'm going with. Do the tires stick out of the fender any?

I can't afford the lift right now, but I really need tires and I'm not buying 33s, just to buy 35s when I get lifted. I had originally thought about 15x8s, but my brother and his friend said I should go with the 15x10s with a 35x12.5 tire. So I dunno. :shrug

·
No avatar required
10,959 Posts
Here is a straight on look. They were tucked under. Slight rubbing on the radius arms at full lock. But that can fixed by adjusting the steering stops.

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bnkrtstk said:
Here is a straight on look. They were tucked under. Slight rubbing on the radius arms at full lock. But that can fixed by adjusting the steering stops.
Excellent, thank you. :thumbup I've been saving all my tip money and some from working and dad said he'd help me out with getting them. He started to give me the, "Melissa Lynn, you're stupid and don't need 35s" look until I reminded him all the money he put in the race car or JTs car and then he said he'd help me. :toothless

Who else has pics? :D

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
It's a 94 but still 5x5.5 15x10's

I dont know what kind they are, they were cheap on ebay. Chromed steelies

·
Premium Member
3,160 Posts
bnkrtstk said:
35x12.50x15 X-terrains on 15x8 white wagons.
Which part of "no white or black wagon wheels" did you miss??:goodfinge :histerica

·
Premium Member
3,160 Posts
16.5X10 chrom's with 35 BFG AT's, 2' lift.

Same rims with 38.5's and 4" lift/cutout fenders (and 8 lug axles).

265/75R16 on Alum 16X8, 2" lift.

15 X10 alum with 35 X15X15 swampers, 4" lift/cutoutfenders

·
Registered
326 Posts

4" BDS lift. These wheels seem to be popular. I got them from Summit for around $50 or $60 each.

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks ya'll for all the pics. The ones bmboll posted from Summit don't look too bad. There's a guy on a local site that's supposed to be pulling some prices for me, so we'll see.

Got lots of ideas and I can't wait to get them. :rockon

·
Building gold from crap
2,253 Posts
what are you looking to spend,

personally i really the american racing baja or the 589's by americvan eagle i think it is,

they go for about 100 a peice, but are a real nice looking clean aluimiun rim, even cheaper on ebay

·
Registered
114 Posts
This is the best pic of the wheels I could find at the moment.

Truck has 7" of lift. Tires are 36x13.5 and rims are 15x12.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,038 Posts
BroncoBabe said:
Hey Ya'll,

I'll be getting some new 15x10s when I get my 35s and I was wondering if ya'll could show me the wheels you have on your '78/'79. [Also lemme know how much lift you have.]

I'm just wanting some cheapy chrome or aluminum wheels. No black or white painted ones. Nothing spectacular or dramatic, just some plain ol wheels and wanna see what the options look like.

Thanks. :thumbup

[Oh and I thought I'd search SuperMotors and just pull up all the 78/79 Broncos, but for every one profile that had pics, I pulled up 5 more with no pics and I got tired of going through them.]
Couldn't find what I wanted, so a little fine sanpaper, care, and a very good quality industrial black and:

course this is an 8", 8 lug, but you get the idea....

1 - 20 of 36 Posts