Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From this picture, borrowed from Fireguy, where do the 2 water temperature sensors go? From the limited knowledge I have, the 3 wire sensor is for the computer and the 1 wire sensor is for the gauge but I do not where they are exactly. I bought a new gauge and want to use the mechaincal gauge for the water temperature sensor. I have the 351W which is on the right.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Coolant temp sensor (sometimes 3 or 2 wires w/ large connector) will be located in the lower intake black heater coolant tube. This would be the large threaded pipe that will screw into the lower intake vertically, and is located right next to the thermostat area (the larger threaded hole in your intake to the LEFT of the thermostat location as seen looking at those pics).

The temperature gauge "switch" will be the smaller, single wire sensor, screws into the lower intake to the RIGHT of the distributor on the OLD intake in your picture. On the Edelbrock intake, it appears that it would also be installed in the same vicinity.

anyone feel free to correct me if my above statements are incorrect.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
16,204 Posts
This is a 351 lower, the ECT is the sensor next to the right side fuel rail. The other one will be up front in the pipe/tube fitting that goes into the lower intake.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts