Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok all.. Where's the best place to buy a US flag around here?

I'm feeling pretty patriotic and would like to drive around with a US flag on my truck... Just don't know where to go to get one.. There's other reasons behind it to, but those reasons will be left for the "news/politics" forums.. :thumbup

I'd like a decent sized one... :toothless

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't see any last time I was at walmart.. However I did see a mexico flag.. :duh

Didn't think about lowes... hmmm...

Now I just need to figure out a flag pole for the truck so it'll withstand 45"ish" MPH

·
Registered
2,810 Posts

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey.. I checked at Walmart.. All I saw was mexican flags... Which in turn did kinda upset me..

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
cinco de mayo already passed.......

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya no joke.. Tell the other people that

·
They call me "MR FLAT TIRE"
4,582 Posts
Vic....
I used a 1/2" rigid conduit for a flag pole and bolted it to my tire carrier. Worked awesome. even bolted the flag to the pole and added a couple zip ties too.

You know its probably too late right now, but for future reference....the government has "used" flags that have flown over the Capital avail to the public for a nominal fee. I understand they are decent size and quality. IIRC they only fly them less than a week...maybe only a day? Can't remember the site to get them at, but this should get ya going in the right direction---no matter what side of the aisle you stand.

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sweet.. Thanks for the info..

hmm.. decisions... Decisions... =)

·
Administrator
22,857 Posts
Vic....
I used a 1/2" rigid conduit for a flag pole and bolted it to my tire carrier. Worked awesome. even bolted the flag to the pole and added a couple zip ties too.

You know its probably too late right now, but for future reference....the government has "used" flags that have flown over the Capital avail to the public for a nominal fee. I understand they are decent size and quality. IIRC they only fly them less than a week...maybe only a day? Can't remember the site to get them at, but this should get ya going in the right direction---no matter what side of the aisle you stand.
Hey Tom? could you be anymore vague?

:goodfinge:goodfinge

·
I see Broncos
6,010 Posts
For the setup I have had in the past I just used a long ass painter's pole in the handle of my high-lift. As for a flag, check ACE hardware or even McFadden-Dale. They usually have something in stock.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
Check to see where the U/S flag you buy is made.....:doh0715:

·
Premium Member
2,178 Posts
If I had seen this thread before, I would've pick one up for you here on base. Oh, and these are made in the USA.

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
When are you going back to base? =)

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
good idea.. my g/f's dad is going to be at he VA tomorrow visiting his brother.. hmmm.

·
Premium Member
2,178 Posts
Vic - I go back to work on Tuesday, let me know if you want me to pick one up.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts