Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone got any links? the one im looking for mounts on the roof. im not sure if u can buy it like that or u have to buy the rack and lights seperate since i havent seen any rack and light combos

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that link for the picture doesnt work and thanks for the email address

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Volcom, I got your email, but now I'm a bit confused to your wants. Do you want a light bar, or an actual roofrack, similar to what byerks posted?

·
Registered
519 Posts
how much weight do you think that rack will take being totally supported by the canopy like that?

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Roughly 150-200lbs, including the weight of the rack. Only way I can say that is, I've stood on the hardtop before, and I'm closer to the 200lb weight. Personally, I'd keep the weight down to about 150lbs, so no spare tire would be going up there, if you expected to carry any other gear.
And since Volcom is having trouble seeing byerks' link -

I've got a design in mind, that makes that makes this type of roofrack long enough to extend to the middle of the cab roof. This not only makes it easier to mount lights at the front of it, but also increases it's payload, since there would not only be more mounting points, but would be using some of the metal roof structure as 2 of those mounting points

·
Registered
519 Posts
I used to have this pic of 2 hum-vees out in like brazil or something on top of this freakin mountain overlooking damn near all of south america. it was the best offroad truck pic I have ever seen. One of them had this bout it roof rack with 4 spares laying flat and a small amount of gear piled up on top and the rack still looked very strong I have been questing for a rack like that ever since. You could tie off and tow a bus with that thing.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i want a light bar not a roof rack but a light bar that goes up above the 2 front seats

·
Registered
797 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah pretty much along thoes lines but now that i have seen Blaze's mounted up front im a bit torn. But i do like the ones up top on the roof but circular. and i just got a lift tires wheels the whole shabang so i might be a bit hard for money atm but yeah any idea on a price on either of the 2?

·
no ford trucks
721 Posts
I am asking 125 for the whole set up minus the red strobe. My zip is 30135 near Atlanta Georgia. Make me an offer.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
alright thanks let me think on it for a little while

1 - 19 of 19 Posts