Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I dont know where to get one. To tell the truth I have no clue what its called so I could search for it. Can anyone help me out? Where can I buy one?

They nylon (?) bushings are completely gone and its slapping back and forth on the bracket.

·
not banned
5,969 Posts
be careful, i bought a dual one from JBG, and it doesn't really fit.
in the instructions it talks about drilling holes in the shock towers to mount it.

i think yours is a different mount style, but do be careful which style you buy.
mj

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
If the shock is good you can get the bushings at any good auto parts store. Just tell them you want a bushing kit for a stem mount shock.

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
If the shock is good you can get the bushings at any good auto parts store. Just tell them you want a bushing kit for a stem mount shock.
What year is that for? :goodfinge

·
Registered
135 Posts
What year is that for? :goodfinge
lol aint that the truth those guys at the parts store can't help you unless you give em a year make and model. Hell half the time I have to do their job for them and look up the part myself:doh0715:

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay yall, I dont wanna fawk up my steering or alignment, how do I replace this and not eff it up? I'm headin up to thrifty's/Schucks/knect's tomorrow to get the bushing. Is it just a simple bolt on, bolt off deal or is it more in depth? Please help out ASAP

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
okay, I just wasnt sure if the alignment would be thrown off. thanks for the good news! It'l be done tomorrow providing the store(s) have the part.

·
www.lifted4christclub.com
2,708 Posts
when you have the shock off, test it out, see if it still has rebound strenghth to it, but honestly if you are taking it apart, i would just replace the whole thing, if it's been on there long enough to wear out, might be due.

·
www.lifted4christclub.com
2,708 Posts
if you are sticking with smaller tires - 33 or smaller - i'd just get rid of it, really only need them for bigger tires, and never go with a dual set up, that really hides steering problems

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
all I got were "generic" bushings from Schucks.I didnt pick any up today, wanted to run it by yall first. Will generic stabilizer bushings work if the stabilizer is in good shape?

·
Fullsize Member
2,804 Posts
As long as the inside and outside diameter are the same they will work. Rubber or polyurethane dosnt matter:thumbup

1 - 20 of 31 Posts