Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, extreme noobie here, with my 1st post. I am looking for the front bumper that has what looks like 2 hooks?? (Sorry if that description sucks). Everywhere I look, I see that bumper, but can't find it anywhere online.

I have purchased a 79 and really really want the "beefy" claw like bumper. Hope that anyone out there knows what I'm talking about, and if they do, can I

1. Put one on my 79 and
2. Is it a whole new bumper or just 2 inserts added?
3. where can I find it.

Thanks!

·
Redneck Romeo
1,811 Posts
Are you talking about something like this??

Those are bumper guards that were a factory option back in the day. Now they're only available (new) from GEM (but you'll never find them on their website). Look at Truck Customizers to buy them new. You'll need part number 652-A78, $101.00.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hey, I had one of them things behind and inside my bumper turned sideways! Did the bronc originally come with those? The one I pulled off the backside I thought was just put there for a brace or something, but I just lined it up on the bumper and it fits! Guess I'll be calling the graveyard to find replacements.

·
Redneck Romeo
1,811 Posts
Hey, I had one of them things behind and inside my bumper turned sideways! Did the bronc originally come with those? The one I pulled off the backside I thought was just put there for a brace or something, but I just lined it up on the bumper and it fits! Guess I'll be calling the graveyard to find replacements.
If you mean JBG, good luck. I'm pretty sure nobody carries reproductions for '87-96 trucks. You can find replacement rubber pads, though.

Check the links in my previous post -- they carry some for the '87-91s (without plastic bumper trim).

·
Age. Fac ut gaudeam
3,881 Posts
BigUgly got it...

IMO, just save up and order a bumper from Hefty. :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks a lot, that's exactly what I was referring to! Did they differ in sizes at all over the years?

·
FSB's Dirty Jersian
3,580 Posts
lmctruck.com

Thats the place to go to if you need to source hard-to-find parts. they carry shit that I've searched high and low for and came up unsuccessful. You can even order the catalog for free. I recommend it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts