Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm have trouble find a compony that will actually insure a 1979 bronco I'm 20 and not using it as a DD just want to drive it on the weekend and to the mud and car shows. Can anyone help me out?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
what is their issue?
age or lack of a 17 digit vin #

try hagerty ,they insure classics that are not for daily driving, not sure if they would do a 4x4 that sees off road use but worth a call

I never had any issue insuring mine, but I live in Canada

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,680 Posts
I use Broadform through a company called "Alpha Property & Casualty Ins. Company out of Dallas, Tx.

There's a few agents out there that will claim Broadform isn't available anymore, others may try to convince you that it only covers vehicles registered to you but it's BS. Covers anything I'm driving (with permission, of course) and both my '90 FSB & my '73 F250. :shrug

I do only pay for liability though. I'm a broke ass bastard. :toothless

Your age may be an issue for you though.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,083 Posts
All my trucks are threw statefarm. What you want to do is insure it as a "Pleasure Vehicle" which to them is something driven less the 6500 (I think, mine don't go 3k a year that have this) miles a year. Every once in awhile you might get a questionnaire in the mail that asks the current odometer reading but its not big deal.
I do not think your age should matter as far being able to get it, it will effect the price. I would leave the part out about taking it to something they may view as a competition.

I would get comprehensive as well as liability at the least, that should cover it for theft and storm damage and what not

·
Registered
796 Posts
For my 68 Mustang, I carry full coverage with Allstate. When it's parked for months at a time I contact my agent who suspends all coverage except for comprehensive coverage. I can restore full coverage at any time with a call or e-mail to my agent.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
State Farm gave me no problems at all.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
I've got the Gecko for all my vehicles, never had a problem and inexpensive

·
Registered
96 Posts
FWIW, I use American Family. I insure everything with them - house, all vehicles, umbrella coverage - so I get lots of discounts.

My 78 Bronco is insured as a non daily driver with full coverage at an agreed price. I can drive it up to 7,500 miles a year, which I'll never come close to. My cost is $10.26 a month.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Hi, I'm have trouble find a compony that will actually insure a 1979 bronco I'm 20 and not using it as a DD just want to drive it on the weekend and to the mud and car shows. Can anyone help me out?

Sent from blablabla
I inured my '70 LTD in my own name and policy when I was 18, and my '78 Coupe De'ville at 19, both with State Farm. I also had it as my DD. I'm not sure why you're having an issue getting insurance unless you have tickets or something.

Ya I have been having trouble because it has a lift and bigger tires. Thanks everyone I will look them all up today.

Sent from yadayadayada
Ah, that makes sense then. Are you trying to get Comp/collision for it? If so, don't. OR, grab some smaller wheels/tires and get comp/collision then. Afterwards, put your old tires back on. It may work if you only have 2-4" of lift. 6" would be hard to get past them.

·
Forward Some Money
5,047 Posts
Depending on what you want to do to it (modifications) you might need to shop around. I have a highly modified early Bronco (non-daily) that almost every insurance company refused to insure. State Farm initially did an agreed upon amount then reneged and canceled. I am currently insured with ANPAC and they have several levels of coverage depending on how much you drive it and how modified it is. I like their "CHROME" coverage.

I would avoid ever deceiving an insurance company, it can only bite you in the ass. If they find out you misrepresented things significantly, they will drop you in a heartbeat.

Are you trying to get Comp/collision for it? If so, don't. OR, grab some smaller wheels/tires and get comp/collision then. Afterwards, put your old tires back on. It may work if you only have 2-4" of lift. 6" would be hard to get past them.
So what happens if you do that, and get into a very serious accident possibly involving a fatality. Think the insurance company won't find out, and then do everything they can to avoid paying out? Bad suggestion.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I use USAA and have a 76 bronco that is running 39.5's comp cut and had my 79 with 35's that I used for rock crawling also. I had both broncos insured at the same time with no problems.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
My dd`s are through usaa as well, but my bronco and f150 are through haggerty, 500 a year on both with $0 deductible and agreed upon values

·
Registered
728 Posts
I recently switched to Esurance, had to do it over the phone, but the Bronco was added to my insurance with my 150.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts