Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
I am retired and am getting my house ready to sell here in Orange County. Due to my medical insurance I need to stay in California(unfortunatly). I am looking for an affordable (homes around 150k) mountain community where I can grow my own veggies and hunt and fish close by.
I have been looking in Mariposa and have seen many homes in that price range with 10+ acres too boot.
I like Mariposa(but am open to other suggestions to look at) because besides being close to hunting and fishing I am thinking that a national park such as Yosemite might be a great place for my kids and maybe even me part time to work.
I am very interested to hear from you Northern Cali guys as far as places you have or are living that would be a great match for my family. Thanks John:rockon

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
I would say move up here cause we got it all, but than I wouldn't be the only one on FSB up here. Can't have that.

:goodfinge

·
Premium Member
5,773 Posts
I would say move up here cause we got it all, but than I wouldn't be the only one on FSB up here. Can't have that.

Google earth doesn't seem to have Armpit, Ka in its database.....hmmm

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
I like Sonoma too. I grew up in the Bay Area in San Rafael and Novato. Novato and Petaluma are pretty nice. They've gotten pretty big.

James Hetfield lives in Novato. I've run into him there and in Petaluma.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well i was going to say the Los Altos area is great, but if your looking for land, Morgan Hill is great and you're not far from san jose.

·
Banned
676 Posts
Placerville? Sierra foothill towns are gonna be the best looking areas with the most english spoken and the best hunting/fishing around

·
Registered
267 Posts

Sorry its already happened I'm here to !!!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hahaha no you ain't! Paradise is still SoCal to me!!!!

Wow Paradise is So Cal?? you aint even right .... So where in Nor Cal are you ? Must be like Weed or some other town on the Or. border

·
Registered
8,257 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I love Mariposa county. I think you really can't go wrong with Mariposa, Tuoloumne, Calaveras, Amador or El Dorado counties. Its one of the best areas of the state in my opinion.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts