Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I put my e-fan.
Where do you prefer to set the t° sensor on the top hose or bottom hose?

·
o[|||]o
11,146 Posts
Yup, you want to use the top so that your reading the temp before it passes through the rad.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,297 Posts
I gots me a T-stat housing with a threaded boss

and stuck the sensor in there;

Sixlitre

·
Practicing Infidel
15,297 Posts
1clean5.8 said:
IM going to change mine to that.
Make sure you get the truck or fullsized car T-stat housing that points @ 45 degrees, not the Stang one that points 90 degrees straight up.

Sixlitre

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
would it be too hard to drill the rad tank on the top neer the upper intake hose? and tap the hole for a temp sensor? hey six what is that first pic showing? ::edit:: ok i see it's the engine side of the upper hose. is that plug you took out in there stock? and is it on my 95 351w? sorry for all the questions i'm just thinking about getting a good temp gauge and wondering where to put the sensor.

::edit:: i got an idea. cut the upper hose, make a pipe withe a thredded bung welded on the side. two hose clamps and slide it into the hose. any thoughts?

·
Practicing Infidel
15,297 Posts
jam0o0 said:
would it be too hard to drill the rad tank on the top neer the upper intake hose? and tap the hole for a temp sensor? hey six what is that first pic showing? ::edit:: ok i see it's the engine side of the upper hose. is that plug you took out in there stock? and is it on my 95 351w? sorry for all the questions i'm just thinking about getting a good temp gauge and wondering where to put the sensor.

::edit:: i got an idea. cut the upper hose, make a pipe withe a thredded bung welded on the side. two hose clamps and slide it into the hose. any thoughts?
Jam0o0

No that T-stat housing is not stock

My stock aluminum one was so pitted it was starting to leak. Went to Ford and the counterman and I were laughing histerically at what Ford wanted for a new stocker.

Luckily both he and I were too stupid to check the affordable, chrome ones in the Racing catalog because they're 90 degree units for Mustangs only (no trucks, no bigger cars).

No sir, that there is the finest cast iron :)histerica ) unit that can be manufactured using good old fashioned Chinese prison labour. It was so bad I had to spend 15 minutes with the die grinder removing casting flash to get the hose to fit on it properly.

The good news is it was the correct 45 degree angle for our trucks and it had that threaded hole that fit the temp sensor perfectly (and it was dirt cheap).

NO you cannot drill into the header tank (you risk taker you). Yes you could do the hose interupting idea no trouble.

Choice is yours

Sixlitre

·
Practicing Infidel
15,297 Posts
jam0o0 said:
so if i did the hose cutting would i need a rib going around the ends of the pipe to help hold the hose onto it? (in addition to hose clamps) or would a regular smooth pipe do it? sorry for the hijack
You mean like this ?

Sixlitre

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
if the water neck is made of metal i don't want to touch it. every time i do anythign on my truck involving nuts and bolts i break something. thats the reason for my other ideas.

six what are those things made of? i've seen those radiator hose patches before but not in person. if they are rubber how do i seal itto the cyurrent hose and to the sensor?

i was thinking i'd just get exhaust tubing and tap it. maybe get a nut for the inside if needed. thanks for the help guys

·
Practicing Infidel
15,297 Posts
jam0o0 said:
if the water neck is made of metal i don't want to touch it. every time i do anythign on my truck involving nuts and bolts i break something. thats the reason for my other ideas.

six what are those things made of? i've seen those radiator hose patches before but not in person. if they are rubber how do i seal itto the cyurrent hose and to the sensor?

i was thinking i'd just get exhaust tubing and tap it. maybe get a nut for the inside if needed. thanks for the help guys

Theys made of very thick PVC like plastic

Sixlitre

p.s./
Scorpionboy

The pics further up in this thread are a T-stat housing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts