Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told replacing it isn't that hard, but if i'm correct, the pcv valve is on the passenger side valve cover underneath the intake plenum, in which case there is no way in hell i can get to it w/out removing the intake plenum.

is this correct?

can someone point me in the right direction?

for a 5 dollar part, this sure is a pain in the ass.

·
Registered
447 Posts
You are correct on the location. I will go look on my '96 and see if it can be removed easily. It doesn't look easy but I do not think you will have to pull the intake manifold either.It looks like you can do it by using the touchy feely method. You probably should invest a couple of dollars in one of those cheapo mirrors with a telescoping rod to look between the firewall and valve cover. If you have a Chiltons, look at the drawing at the bottom of page 1-16.

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
Yep, its a pain in the ass, I usually get under the hood and watch what I'm doing with a mirror. You can always take off the upper intake, it isn't that hard.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so you're saying i can take off part of the intake plenum w/out having to take off the entire thing from the engine block?

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
so you're saying i can take off part of the intake plenum w/out having to take off the entire thing from the engine block?

would just need to pull the upper intake

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
every time i'm in the store getting a pcv valve they always try to give me the wrong part:twak

1 - 7 of 7 Posts