Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I changed the T-Stat gasket to see if it stops my coolant leak on Saturday, but for the life of me couldn't see the damn pitcock on the radiator to drain some coolant out. I've had a couple of radiator replacements, but I don't know if they are any different than the stocker.

I looked underneath and couldn't see the radiator at all because of the cowling, and I couldn't see from the top side where the pitcock was.

Seems like I was able to find it before, a fews back. Any advice as to where to find that devil in case I need to drain the rad?

95 FSB, 5.8.

Thx. much.:banghead

·
Registered
1996 Bronco 5.0/E4OD/BW1356
1,518 Posts
I think it is on the opposite side of the filler - use a flashlight and dont be afraid to get dirty!

·
Premium Member
9,984 Posts
Push comes to shove disconnect the bottom radiator hose with a bucket underneath it and see what the coolant looks like and if it's reasonably clean use a paper towel as a filter to strain out any debris and reuse it.

Most "petcock's" are located on the bottom of the radiator tank where the tranny lines go in, on my 86 it's located on the bottom passenger side not that hard to find.

I can't believe any replacement core would come without one so look on either side for a block off plug, maybe they left it off..................?

Good Luck ~ :thumbup

1 - 4 of 4 Posts