Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,512 Posts
I keep my eyes open... it's not exactly on the priority list, but more of a 'want'. I've got to shell out $60k or so in the spring for a new welding truck, so maybe if/when I sell this ol 2nd gen of mine I'll look out for a bronco.
There's a silver '86 out here in the greater Seattle area on C/L, just saw the ad again tonight, originally an EFI 5.0l, but a high-output 5.8L carb engine was swapped in; he's lost interest and wants it gone, and for $1100. With that low a price, you could buy it and have it shipped to you. He's had it up for at least a couple years, so that and shipping it may get you a discount.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
$9k on body work?! Was it wrecked?
Hit a deer.. and just overall wear over the years. Replaced both bumpers, front fender, hood, door skin... the took it down to the bed floor, new inner and outer bedsides from GM, all new headlights/foglights, and the a full coat of PPG black. Total with parts/labor/materials was just over $9k. Insurance paid right around half for the deer damage. Couldn't stand the thought of rolling around in a half painted truck, so I paid the difference to have the whole truck redone.

There's a silver '86 out here in the greater Seattle area on C/L, just saw the ad again tonight, originally an EFI 5.0l, but a high-output 5.8L carb engine was swapped in; he's lost interest and wants it gone, and for $1100. With that low a price, you could buy it and have it shipped to you. He's had it up for at least a couple years, so that and shipping it may get you a discount.
Link?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hit a deer.. and just overall wear over the years. Replaced both bumpers, front fender, hood, door skin... the took it down to the bed floor, new inner and outer bedsides from GM, all new headlights/foglights, and the a full coat of PPG black. Total with parts/labor/materials was just over $9k. Insurance paid right around half for the deer damage. Couldn't stand the thought of rolling around in a half painted truck, so I paid the difference to have the whole truck redone.
Well that explains it. Are you on Fullsizechevy as well?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Well that explains it. Are you on Fullsizechevy as well?
Yessir. Same user name on FSC, GMFS, and performance trucks.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Hell it'd been long enough for me, I forgot and had to reset my password...

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" lift on 33's
35,893 Posts
not you... we had a massive password issue when AutoGuide got hacked and forced a new p-word scheme on everybody.
lots of folks didn't have an updated email address in their profiles, so they didn't get any notice and many were so upset and frustrated, they bailed.
It was a pretty serious bump in the road for the site.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
not you... we had a massive password issue when AutoGuide got hacked and forced a new p-word scheme on everybody.
lots of folks didn't have an updated email address in their profiles, so they didn't get any notice and many were so upset and frustrated, they bailed.
It was a pretty serious bump in the road for the site.
Ah... same type of thing that happened with pirate when they sold out..

·
Registered
79 Posts
They guys saw someone was looking for a bronco iv found a few good deals in Southern California recently since I was looking at replacing mine.

21 - 40 of 76 Posts