Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
that's a lot of oil
775 Posts
not you... we had a massive password issue when AutoGuide got hacked and forced a new p-word scheme on everybody.
lots of folks didn't have an updated email address in their profiles, so they didn't get any notice and many were so upset and frustrated, they bailed.
It was a pretty serious bump in the road for the site.
Ah ha! That explains why I had to jump through some hoops to get back on. Anyways, I'm getting close to starting some work on the '94, the plan is to start a thread dedicated to that project. Glad to see OGs are still around :thumbup

·
LS Swap Everything!
26,234 Posts
Just out of curiosity, after 26k posts, why'd ya stop checking in?
Bronco got wrecked, my life and career have me stepping & fetching like my head's on fire and my ass is catching....

I keep checking CL and FB marketplace for the right 78/79 so I can get back in the swing of things.

I keep up with most of the yokals on FB these days.

I do check in here every few weeks and look through the For Sale posts and some of the Anything Else posts too.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Sooooo. I did a thing today. ‘86 EB... EFI 5.0L, auto, 116k miles and a new 6” rough country. Clean body, came out of Cali originally.
Only took me 13 years, but I’m back in a full-size :popc1:

Also for shits and giggles I threw up a picture of my new welding truck I picked up last August. 2016 6.7... tuned, deleted, intake, exhaust... iPad in the dash, and just got done color matching the front end, and building the headlights with quad projectors.

Nice to see y’all :toothless

Attachments

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,999 Posts
Welcome back again! Couple of nice looking fords there.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,999 Posts
:stupid

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Both of your trucks need bigger tires :goodfinge

Hey Casey, how ya been?!
Oh surviving bud. Working, playing with toys, etc etc lol

Bronco is on 33x12.5 now. Probably step up to a 35 on a 15x10 for the time being.
The dually is on 35x12.5 until I smoke them off, and then probably stepping up to a 37... would like to put a set of 20’s on it sometime here in the future.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Weather has been a bit garbage lately... so I tucked it away in the cold side of my 40x60 shop. Going to bring it over to the working side, and go through it and see what all it needs, and what all I’d like to change. Nice to look over and see it there.

Attachments

·
Addicted to Junk
11,999 Posts
I do love an 80-86 "muscle" bronco. They look so mean!

You need to change your 'bronco info' ..!

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" lift on 33's
35,893 Posts
congrats on finally making it back into an FSB Casey! :beer I'm thinking you're going to be able to fix, modify and enjoy this one a lot more as a man than you last one... as a boy. ;) nice to see ya back too. don't go disappearing too much. I wanna see how this one goes for ya. :toothless

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Small update. Life and work have been in the way as far as progress on the '86 goes. It's apart and in the middle of a ZF5 swap, and interior restore.

Lost my mom in April, so that's been pretty rough on me. Hope to get back to working on it within the next week or two, and get it out when the weather gets nice. Fingers crossed.

-Casey

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,512 Posts
I just popped my head in, and saw your mom passed. My sincerest condolances. I lost my mom 20 years ago this past August. And Dad passed a year ago in December. It's tough when that happens, but hopefully, as I have, you have family you can lean on. When you get a chance, some pics of the ZF swap in progress would be cool. But just when you can get to them, OK?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Clean floorboards, and clean frame. Extremely hard to find around Northeast PA. Glad I wanted to find the right bronco.

Will we sanding and prepping floor for POR-15, sound deadening, and I have a brand new repop carpet ready to install.

Trans swap is waiting on me to stab the trans, see what I need to do to make the original AOD mount work, and shorten/lengthen driveshafts. Will have more photos of the trans and parts soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Anyways.. here's what I have thus far on the ZF5 swap. Picked up a S-5-42, manual pedals, manual column and floor plate for $650 within an hour from home. Ordered a Brute Power 11" clutch and flywheel, Brute Power Clutch and slave, Powermaster starter, and and a new Westar trans mount. All said and done it was only $337 shipped from Rock Auto. I feel as though that was a hell of a deal. Somewhere in the mix I ordered a new power booster for the brakes, new bolts, etc for the swap.

Also had my niece stop by and give me a hand. She will be turning 4 here in June. She loves coming to help uncle Casey with the bronco.

Attachments

41 - 60 of 76 Posts