Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" lift on 33's
35,893 Posts
Well that surely deserves a picture for us! ;)
Hope Brutus gets back in the groove without too much hassle.
I'm sure he misses you, nearly as much as some of us do. :toothless

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,920 Posts
I'm sure he misses you, nearly as much as some of us do. :toothless
Oh stop it. :toothless That poor Bronco has been sitting around the yard at my brother's since....2012? I gotta get it back though, another tree limb fell on it. Second time since it's been at his house. :duh

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Took advantage of the 4 Wheel Parts Memorial Day sale and picked up the new wheels for the bronco for a steal! They paid sales tax, and free shipping. Was into the wheels roughly $550 dollars to my door. 15x12" Mickey Classic 3's... -73 offset.

Also built a quick and dirty crossmember and got the ZF5 mounted into the truck. Gotta hang the t-case and get some measurements for new driveshafts, then its on to interior work! The crossmember isn't perfect, but if (when) the truck gets a solid axle, I'll likely rebuild for radius arms..

Attachments

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,512 Posts
That poor Bronco has been sitting around the yard at my brother's since....2012? I gotta get it back though, another tree limb fell on it.
Hey, kiddo, long time no read! 2012, eh? Wow! yeah, I'd say it's high time to go get it. Anyway, so how are you doing?

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,512 Posts
I ain't dead yet.
There was a great line from the character Chief O'Brien in Star Trek: Deep Space 9, where he and a bunch of other Starfleet personnel are prepping to go into battle; after he hands out the phaser rifles, he looks at the others and says, "I'm alive, and I intend to stay that way.":thumbup

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,920 Posts
There was a great line from the character Chief O'Brien in Star Trek: Deep Space 9, where he and a bunch of other Starfleet personnel are prepping to go into battle; after he hands out the phaser rifles, he looks at the others and says, "I'm alive, and I intend to stay that way."
That's great. :histerica

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Lets talk about how life changes. Bronco progress slowed after I lost my mom. Things were hectic for a while.

In September I found out I was going to be a dad. November 8th I closed on my new house... 2500 sq ft all refinished sitting on a hair over 10 acres. Big shop coming soon.

I finally mounted the wheels and tires on the bronco... 35x13.5" Toyo MT on a 15x12" Mickey classic 3... the thing looks dope. ZF5 swap is in and driving, with a few odds and ends to finish, along with the interior needing restored.

Put my '03 Silverado on 22x14's because I like to party.

Feb 19th my baby boy decided to show up early. Carson Lee was born at 31 weeks, 4 days and weighed 4lbs 4oz. Momma and baby are both healthy, but we're expecting a decently lengthy stay at the NICU. Hes been doing amazing this past week, is currrently off of the CPAP, breathing on his own, and no longer connected to IV's. The kid is absolutely perfect.

I turn 30 tomorrow. Crazy to think I've been around this forum since I was like 13. But figured I would stop in and update.

Hopefully theres some bronco progress by summer. My goal to have it registered and driving when the weather breaks.

-Casey

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" lift on 33's
35,893 Posts
Congrats on becoming a father Casey. Toughest and most rewarding gig there is... or so I hear.
Congrats on the property and pad. Looks like you already need a shop somewhere on the parcel.

Bronco looks great. Quite a change, indeed. Chevy looks goofy as hell to me... but I've been around so long, I remember that goofy, cocky little 13 yr. old trying to run amok through here.

Happy Afterbirth man and again, congrats on all counts. We don't get to see you that much around here but it's been pretty cool watching you grow up here and there.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Congrats on becoming a father Casey. Toughest and most rewarding gig there is... or so I hear.
Congrats on the property and pad. Looks like you already need a shop somewhere on the parcel.

Bronco looks great. Quite a change, indeed. Chevy looks goofy as hell to me... but I've been around so long, I remember that goofy, cocky little 13 yr. old trying to run amok through here.

Happy Afterbirth man and again, congrats on all counts. We don't get to see you that much around here but it's been pretty cool watching you grow up here and there.
Always appreciated your kind words and advice Pepe. The last year basically has been a whirlwind of mostly bad with some good. But my little boy is perfect..

The house will get a shop in due time. I still have a 60x40 heated shop I rent some property for the time being.
The Chevy won’t be everyone’s cup of tea, but I ran on a standard 17x9 wheel forever. It needed a set of tires and I found these wheels and tires for a steal. They’re wider than originally intended, but hell. It’s a 400-ish whp street truck that sees the garage more than anything. Kinda fun to play around with.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,999 Posts
That's a lot of "life" happening recently! Congrats on the lil man a d house

I too have basically grown up here at FSB. Been here since 06 when I was 17. I'll be 32 this year. I've learned a lot from this place.

·
Super Moderator
24,696 Posts
Yo Casey,
Congratulations on your handsome boy! Here's to his continued good health and co-piloting your Bronco!

We've had some bad times followed by great times too. My dad passed away just three months before our first child was born.
Sad times > Happy & Good fortunes.
Al

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,920 Posts
I should have my '78 back on the road in a few weeks.
HA! I posted that 11 months ago........aaaaand..... should have the Bronco on the road in a few weeks. Haha. Maybe for real this time?

Last year my brother got everything cleaned up and running, drove it and realized the rear end was shot. I reminded him that I had told him the rear end was howling like a Coyote. SO...anyhow. The rear end is back in it. It runs. Then he discovered it needed a PS pump.

That's what happens when you let stuff sit. It starts falling apart. Like me.

I turn 30 tomorrow. Crazy to think I've been around this forum since I was like 13. But figured I would stop in and update.
Wait, what? You're how old?! Ugh, I feel old.

61 - 76 of 76 Posts