Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
I get most otf the ones we use from McMaster Carr..they have a wide selection and most of them are the good 'FK' heims. Prices are 'so so' for up to 3/4" joints..bit pricey for larger than that. But they always ship immediately and the parts will show up in one day.

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
I will second good prices and good service from CCOR. Shaffers is good over on PBB too.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Don't try to save a couple bucks on suspension Heims. FK's and Aurora's are expensive, but your life is depending on them. You are looking for at least this level of quality, right?

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,038 Posts
Larston said:
Don't try to save a couple bucks on suspension Heims. FK's and Aurora's are expensive, but your life is depending on them. You are looking for at least this level of quality, right?
:twotu:

FK's aren't all that expensive though, IMO. Sure you can find cheapies out there, but IIRC I got a pair of 3/4FK teflon lined from Cage Offroad for like $24 ea. picked em up local here in Oregon. There is a fair price jump to the 1" boys, which is what cage/duff use on the radius arms, they are like $55/ea.

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,855 Posts
I think I'm going to go ahead and do the 1" heims myself. Does anyone know what the thread is on the '75 radius arm ends? My thread guage set doesn't go that big.

EDIT:
I just checked them and they are both right hand threaded. I see that they sell both left and right hand threaded heims. I had assumed mine had one side right threads and one hand left but now that I see they are the same I'm not sure what to order.

I am thinking about the 1" x 1 1/4" heims from bulltear.com and using tube inserts on both ends of 1.75" or 2" DOM. I'm not too concerned about the radius arm side since I will beef them up but I want the adjustability on the heim end.

Since my radius arms are both right threaded should I get two right threaded heims or two left threaded heims? I assume the radius arm ends are 3/4" x 16 but am not sure. I didn't see that on any of the places I have searched.

Those of you that have installed the heims can you be specific on what you used? I see a lot of threads on using hiems but not any specs on size or brand.

·
shibby
4,828 Posts
The main reason for offering LH and RH threads is to use one of each on a link to offer length adjustability exactly like how a turnbuckle works.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,038 Posts
All I can tell you about is the cage radius arm which from another post in SAS, I posted this, which might be helpful, or not:

From Cage offroad, callem up, or you can buy the same FK brand from various places such as bakerprecision.com. IIRC the cage arm uses a FK male rod end JM16-1 (stamped right on the heim).

this part number is right hand thread, and if you go to bakerprecision.com, it gives you all the specs on these various rod ends.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts