Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where exactly can I buy Spicer U-joints?

Im needing them for both my drive shafts on my '93 F150 4x4 E40D extended cab regular bed.

I searched for Spicers website and I dont see a contact # to call. It seems to be a corporate #.

Or what brand U-joints are comparable to Spicer?

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Call around to fleet supplies and medium duty truck service centers. They may not have 1/2 ton u-joints in stock, but i guarantee they can get them.

And when it comes down to it, no u-joint really compares to a Spicer. You can get stronger ones (Ox, CTM, etc) but for price, strength, and longevity Spicer is in a league of its own. On my last truck I was going through 4 precision u-joints (oreilly's expensive one) for every 1 Spicer. Once i realized that i just bucked up for the Spicers (which only wound up being about $5 more).

Justin

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
I've had very good luck with the 'HD' u-joints from Rockford Constant Velocity (also known as Rockford Driveline). Tough..every bit as stout as Spicers..but they don't make the 760x size equivalent for the front axles, just all the ones for driveshafts (1310, 1330, 1350..etc).

They sell direct to OEM driveshaft builders (like me) or on line....not available in retail stores. Price is a bit better than Spicer retail cost..

·
Premium Member
2,184 Posts
I would think that any good drive line shop (drive shaft repair) would sell Spicer U-Joints, that's where I got mine from.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the thing is, I need someone that can look up a part # for my truck. Ive seen how you measure Ujoints from another thread but I dont really understand the measurements.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
Year, model, trans and overall lenght should get you the info you need.

·
I ♥ TTB
4,278 Posts
I get mine from Six States Distributing... They have a website but I'm too lazy to post the link

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
i just replaced my original(i think) spicers 125K miles with some brute force joitns from napa. i greased them and everythign.... at the end of the first drive they squeek like crazy. could be a yoke problem or somethign i did wrong on the install but i'm getting spicers next time. the joint i pulled out had no grease on one end and wasn't vibrating or very loose at all with just rust powder lubricating it.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,025 Posts
how are brute force u-joints?
good, and comparable to spicer, made by Neapco, well known brand.

Also as Weber mentions, Six States dist. can get you anything spicer you need.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
i just replaced my original(i think) spicers 125K miles with some brute force joitns from napa. i greased them and everythign.... at the end of the first drive they squeek like crazy. could be a yoke problem or somethign i did wrong on the install but i'm getting spicers next time. the joint i pulled out had no grease on one end and wasn't vibrating or very loose at all with just rust powder lubricating it.
Did you grease the slip yoke?

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,025 Posts
The BF Joints I am talking about are the non-greasable ones. Come pre-greased with synthetic grease and are cold forged. I actually have 3 in the rear driveshaft, which not only has to deal with my roughly 6" lift, but also a centered D60, so there is maybe 3* side angularity as well, no issues for about 2.5 yrs, 13k.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts