Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to replace mine. Unfortunately I have not been able to find it at autozone or advanced auto parts. Ford wants $52 :shocked . Napa has 3 (around $25) listed for a '95 351 but none in stock. Any suggestions?
Thanks.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,873 Posts
Junk yard?
Why the need to replace it? It's not vital to anything if you are lacking funds to replace it. Plug the vacuum at the intake and let the gas vapors collect in the charcoal

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the fast response. It was broken while pulling the throttle body, the plastic inlet was old and snapped. So just to make sure, plug the fitting on the throttle body for now and deal with it later. It won't effect EGR or anything? It might be a dumb question but never had to mess with it before. Thanks.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,873 Posts
no it effects absolutly nothing else. If you leave it pluged in and just remove the vacuum hoses you won't even get a trouble code.

As with everything make sure the vacuum ports are pluged at the throttle / intake
vacuum leaks are bad :(

·
Banned
9,179 Posts
I think I'd recommend connecting the lines directly until you find a replacement. That way, the carbon canister is always getting purged. It can saturate in a few hours, so just hook the lines together for now.

I agree that nothing bad will happen either way, though. Just don't leave the line to the TB open.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,873 Posts
My purge valve system got replaced with this tranny filter:

serves a better purpose in my opinion

·
Registered
69 Bronco crawler, 85 Bronco dormant baja build, 93 Bronco cruiser, 05 F150 supercharged 5.4 tow rig
359 Posts
damn near every ford vehicle has this valve with the same part #, and they are pocket size, so hit up your local junkyard and grab a few. I got several freebies last time I was at the upullit, and they came off lincolns and ltd's. :hump

1 - 7 of 7 Posts