Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got swap out my 302 with a another engine, mine is blown! Where is the most economical place to getr one or options do I have for under $500?:scratchhe

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,659 Posts
Five hundred buck$ will only get you a questionable used motor. My suggestion is to find some more money somehow and buy a new or pro-rebuilt one at Vellio 's in Lawndale,or at PAW in Chatsworth (where I bought my new crate 302 for $1,250.00 a few years ago).....

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
You shouldn't really post the same question in multiple areas.. Did you look at your other thread you asked this? Plenty of people chimed in..

Here's my quote from that thread..

That right there is awesome.. Not to many people will admit that they have limitations.. Kudo's to you.

A fully complete 351 with all accessories is a "turn key" solution. But might be out of your price range. I know I spent 1,000 for my setup. But that was anything and everything I wanted under the hood of a wreckd 96 F150.

Pick a part.. That's like playing the lottery. You might win and you might not.. :banghead

Call some local wrecking yards.. They usually have stuff that can tell you if it's running or not..

Before I forget.. http://www.californiatrucksalvage.com/ Call and ask for Jeff... He goes by "Rednek Renegade" here on the forums.. Cool cat.. Tell em you're with FSB and that Vic sent ya. :thumbup

·
Registered
341 Posts
craigslist would be a choice. kinda risky but probably better then a junk yard. look for a crash car that is being parted out

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry, I did not mean to break the rules here or anything but this is my daily driver and now I am stuck, I don't have another vehicle, wife took it when she left, boo hoo, I am not the only one hurting for sure. I am in a bit of panic mode as to what I am going to do. Thank you so much for your advice and I called Jeff. I have done business with him in the past and he is straight up so he is going to help me get what I need. Thanks again for the great advice!! God bless!!

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
Sorry, I did not mean to break the rules here or anything but this is my daily driver and now I am stuck, I don't have another vehicle, wife took it when she left, boo hoo, I am not the only one hurting for sure. I am in a bit of panic mode as to what I am going to do. Thank you so much for your advice and I called Jeff. I have done business with him in the past and he is straight up so he is going to help me get what I need. Thanks again for the great advice!! God bless!!
Not really breaking the rules.. Just good practice...

Wife to the bronco I have when she left.. Thankfully I was able to buy it back. :thumbup

And trust me.. I know all about panic mode.. Nothing worse then having an issue and wanting help and it seems like no one wants to help or is answering fast enough.. :toothless

Hope it all works out and when you get it fixed you need to hang out with everyone.. :beer

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
God will see me thru it! He always does;
Philippians 4:6
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
Will do on the gettin together when I get my baby back on the road.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,659 Posts
God will see me thru it! He always does;
Philippians 4:6
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
Will do on the gettin together when I get my baby back on the road.

I knew I picked up atheism when I was 8 for a reason........:toothless

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
lol... Ricky you're classic...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts