Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 79 Bronco with 400/ T18 and want to put in a 460 that I have. Its a pre 79 motor. I was wondering where everyone gets there flywheels at. Ive looked around alittle and just cant see forking out over 500 for flywheel and clutch. Let me know what you guys are using.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Neutral bal;ance 460 flywheel is the same as the FE390/360 flywheel. the 390 and 460 use the same clutch, but the 360 uses a slightly smaller one. Shouldn't be THAT big of a deal since most reman FE flywheels come with the 11 and 12" pattern. But honestly, i'd run an 11" clutch. they're cheaper and you can get a better clutch as there is more aftermarket support.

Justin

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Autozone carries them but they have to order them, and there cheap!! I bought one for a 400 for 90 buxs and no core charge...

·
Registered
2,246 Posts

·
press ALT+F4
4,279 Posts
Neutral bal;ance 460 flywheel is the same as the FE390/360 flywheel. the 390 and 460 use the same clutch, but the 360 uses a slightly smaller one. Shouldn't be THAT big of a deal since most reman FE flywheels come with the 11 and 12" pattern. But honestly, i'd run an 11" clutch. they're cheaper and you can get a better clutch as there is more aftermarket support.

Justin
Count the ring gear teeth. I think you'll find there's a difference.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
360/390 flywheel on mine.....been running an 11" clutch 3 yrs. in mine,mostly street though.figure when it comes time to replace this one....i'll spend a few extra $'s and get a mcleod or something good.when i put the motor in, i was on an extremely tight budget, and yes, the 11" clutches are cheaper.:doh0715:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.