Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i've joined the off road scene now after finally getting myself a bronc, but now i can't remember where all to go off roading in the seattle area. I know of reider pit but that a ways away for me. So are there any others down in south king county that go out and wouldn't mind a tag along?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Evans Creek ORV, down by Ranier around Buckley is my favorite. Walker Valley ORV is outside of Mount Vernon and is pretty good too. Check out the Pacific Northwest 4wd Association web site. They have a lot of listings and descriptions.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Back in HS (6 yrs ago) I had friends with yota'sthat were always in yourneck of the woods (ravensdale) I dont know if its still open or not, but there are/were supposedly TONS of trails back in there. Elbe, down south a ways, though. I took my old XJ there, and it was almost too big for some of the trails.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you recall where they were... i know of the mud pits just down the road from me on kent kangley but after that i'm stumped

·
Registered
2,215 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Anybody tried this one out? http://www.n7ums.adahost.com/FortuneCreek.htm

Looks pretty sweet for stock rigs, or near-stockers (like myself). I may try it out sometime.
I'd like to know if anybody has been here too. It looks like an easy enough trail that I could actually get my wife to go to if the views are actually as nice as they say. Plus it would be a different place to try out camping from our normal places.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Yeah, exactly.

BTW, you're not too far from me. I'm just in Kent.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I'm in Bonney Lake.
Evan's Creek is good but tight.
Naches is less than 2 hours for me but the pass is closed in the winter.
All of the old trails in the Ravensdale area are gone.
If you are willing to cross railroad tracks and trespass there are some places people go but I wouldn't and it's not like the good old days.
I haven't made it to Elbe or any where else in the area yet.
I agree, Reiter is a long drive but I do it a couple times out of the year.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
don't know what the old trails were in Ravensdale but there's still areas around the power lines to play around in or get stuck in like i almost did today. Gotta love the 2 min drive for me. Gettin a group together (me, stock jeep, lifted jeep on 32's, yota on 38's) for next weekend after i get off work at like 4:30.
On the subject of lake cle elum stuff i've been up the roads there and had plenty of fun just running the roads and logging trails. Great views from up there but i'd imagine that there's still penty of snow up there right now.

·
Registered
728 Posts
don't know what the old trails were in Ravensdale but there's still areas around the power lines to play around in or get stuck in like i almost did today. Gotta love the 2 min drive for me. Gettin a group together (me, stock jeep, lifted jeep on 32's, yota on 38's) for next weekend after i get off work at like 4:30.
On the subject of lake cle elum stuff i've been up the roads there and had plenty of fun just running the roads and logging trails. Great views from up there but i'd imagine that there's still penty of snow up there right now.
Don't you have to cross the railroad tracks to get there?
If so you're lookin at jail time if you get caught.
If not then we need to hook up! :thumbup I'd like to see where you're playin at....:beer

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Crossin those railroad tracks for a quick little 1 hr run..............what was it, 11 hrs later, smoked winch, blown locker, nockin lifter, bashed in door and fender (wife's truck:toothless).............good times!:thumbup

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i don't know where you guys are crossing the railroad tracks at. I know of some tracks you have to cross out off of vezei cumberland road but thats all i know. Where are you guys talking about?? The place where i go just to screw around and have some fun in mud is off of kent kangley around 316th ave. If you guys wanna hook up sometime i've finally got saturdays of so i'm avail then

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
i don't know where you guys are crossing the railroad tracks at. I know of some tracks you have to cross out off of vezei cumberland road but thats all i know. Where are you guys talking about?? The place where i go just to screw around and have some fun in mud is off of kent kangley around 316th ave. If you guys wanna hook up sometime i've finally got saturdays of so i'm avail then
When I get my license (damn insurance costs) we'll have to get together. That's real close to me.

Edit: Darn, not as close as I thought. Still would be fun though.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Where I live we just ask guy with big fields if we can mess em up a little bit. There used to be a nice bog, but it got closed due to county liability...

Oh, and long dirt driveways. Those work too if it rained.

·
Registered
728 Posts
We were off of Ravensdale way. I'd like to see where you are goin.
After I get my tabs squared away let's check it out! :beer

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We were off of Ravensdale way. I'd like to see where you are goin.
After I get my tabs squared away let's check it out! :beer
Well i'd like to go out but the bronco died yesterday on my way down to oly so now it sits in the yard until i figure out whats wrong with her.

·
Registered
19 Posts
dang i live in ravensdale and wheel out here every weekend been caught a few times too one of them i got a ticket for 100$ told the officer that wouldnt keep me from coming back and he said he didnt blame me as i live .5 mile away but to try not to get caught because he has a job he hasta do and we gave me some good info to try to get it legal to wheel there but the state budget is so messed up that it wont happen unless we had every wheeling club in the area to get together and make it happen there is about 5 or 6 places to wheel out here only been to 3 of them ive never crossed the rail road track to get into that place and one place is almost legal privet property and i wheel in my small track in my yard too hope to meet up with yall to wheel sometime check out my youtube channel apinto nut of my friends smileynirvana2‬‏ to see some vids also check out the rut runners and coal track my favorite place to go

1 - 20 of 21 Posts