Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I've got the block dry and the front torn apart anyhow, I currently have the aftermarket gauge sending unit stuck in the water pump.

I think the stock location is actually in the block near the pump.

Should I worry about moving it before I put this back together?

·
Registered
79 Posts
The top of the t-stat housing is a good place. I just replaced my t-stat housing with one I picked up @ NAPA. It has a threaded provision for a guage sensor,etc., on the top. Mine is '96 5.0 though. It would be a good option for you if your year and motor has the same provision.

·
Premium Member
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sweet. I think I can do that. It'll go with my other wonky sensor there on that housing.

Runs my electric fan.

Hopefully the plug that's there now will plug the port on the water pump.

·
Premium Member
5,773 Posts
I found that you get a more accurate "engine temp" reading from the sender thats in the manifold or block. So if you want to keep your dash/factory gauge working along with yer aftermarket move that sensor to the t-stat housing and put your aftermarket sensor/sender where the factory one was. Thats what I did on my 95

·
Premium Member
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Damn you guys and your conflicting ideas!

I'll flip a coin when it's time to put it back together...although...I guess it would stand to reason that if I had a stock vehicle and I was going to replace the factory gauge, I'd pop that sender out and put the new one there.

Maybe I'll flip a WEIGHTED coin...like the one my gran pappy usta have.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts