Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

My engine, 302 -88, is loosing power because it has a lot of miles. The cheapest way for me is to import one from the US. Any ideas of the prices? From what cars is it easy to find a quite new one? Any links? I look forward to your cooperation.

Regards

Climber

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
have you though about rebuilding your engine? it would be much easier to get a rebuild kit from a company stateside (summit, jegs, etc...) and have it shipped to sweden where you could work on it. what kind of facilities do you have in sweden?

there are quite a few candidates in junkyards stateside that would make a good replacement motor. you could also try a crate motor, but i think the air shipping on a complete motor would kill you, not to mention you would have to find someone willing to search through a junkyard for your motor.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,871 Posts
The 302 was last used in 2001, an Explorer 5.0L would sell for 1000+. Shipping would double the cost I imagine

·
College User
2,018 Posts
Welcome, and the 302 is a popular engine for the Fords, the are pretty cheap, I have seen rebuilt ones in my paper for 200$, and others up to 400$. Shipping would cost a lot, but as I imagine the choices are limited in Sweden. Maybe Oscar will chime in, he is in Iceland, driving a taxi, or rescuing people in his huge bronco.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The problem with Sweden spells, shipping. Yes, I think it will double the cost. I do have 94% rebate at an air company, but I haven´t checked the cost. Rebuild an engine here will cost at least $2500. When the parts reaches Sweden they aren´t cheap any longer. I own a racing garage, so I´ll do all of the work myself.
My engine is still working, but with an awful mileage. It was problem with the emission, so took most of it away. The result was a none problem engine but with increased mileage. I don´t want to buy a hardware programmer for the EEC IV like the De Tomaso people does here. I would rather use a Haltec or similar. Your opinion?
Why I´m thinking of all that work with an -88? Well, there´s absolutely no rust. Bronco is seldom seen here, most is Blazer, so why don´t make a little show car. I´ve seen one at Internet, in US. Really my choice, not too much, www.acsracing.com.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts