Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know ive been off the site for several months but im back and see no threads about austin M&G or anything whats goin on everyone in austin sell their trucks? lol

·
Registered
317 Posts
I was just thinking that same thing yesterday. I'm still working on my never-ending project.

I've seen and talked to Mark a few times, but mostly bmw stuff.

I've got a slow week at work again, so I should be able to get some work done on the bronco. Deer season makes weekend time hard to find, but the bronco at the lease would rule!

·
Registered
860 Posts
I still check the boards daily. Just nothing worth adding. Waiting to pull the engine on my thing right now.

I've reached my "sick of throwing parts into my break system" point.

Think it's time I put it in the shop. :S

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha ya i finally figured out a problem ive had with my bronco since i got it 4 years ago lol stupid ignition switch

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would love to show up to one. I haven't been to any meeting in a while. My bronco has been sitting in the garage with a blown exhaust manifold gasket.

·
Chrome gets me home
2,903 Posts
mines been dead in an open lot outside my house since the towtruck dropped it off there a month ago...fuel pump finally kicked the bucket and its just one of the many problems ive had with it lately...its gonna take me some serious initiative to get it going...

i took the first step and pushed it into the driveway and pulled the rear flooring out so that i can cut the access panel...

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dropping the tank isn't hard to do and I actually have an efi fuel pump that might work

·
Registered
860 Posts
mines been dead in an open lot outside my house since the towtruck dropped it off there a month ago...fuel pump finally kicked the bucket and its just one of the many problems ive had with it lately...its gonna take me some serious initiative to get it going...

i took the first step and pushed it into the driveway and pulled the rear flooring out so that i can cut the access panel...
I blame ethanol... That's what killed the VW :cry

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
id like to do something and get a bunch of broncos together i found a pic of us at BWW and there was like 9 broncos

·
Registered
237 Posts
I've been at Ft. Leonard Wood, MO for 11 months now. Bronco is still "front wheel drive" but I've got the replacement axle sitting in the driveway, so I'm finally a step closer to getting it fixed. I think all of you should convoy up here for the next M&G and we can have a wrench party to fix my truck. Of course, you would need to hire a fuel truck to follow you to get all those gas guzzlers up here.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey now when my truck is running it gets fairly good MPGs lol like 15 or so...

·
Registered
576 Posts
I'm driving mine daily at 8mpg so helping Dale is out of the range of my debit card. Also got rear ended last Monday bent the bumper, and bent the drivers seat because I was leaning forward to get my sunglasses off the dash. and i'm still sore as hell!!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
haha damn only 8?

·
Registered
860 Posts
Im still around, wouldn't mind getting an easy-er marble falls/camping trip in the motions in the near future
I approve of this statement.
Altho, I still have no stopping power. I could go bang the air cooler down some trails.

I'm driving mine daily at 8mpg so helping Dale is out of the range of my debit card. Also got rear ended last Monday bent the bumper, and bent the drivers seat because I was leaning forward to get my sunglasses off the dash. and i'm still sore as hell!!
Damn Mark, I thought I had some crappy luck

haha damn only 8?
He does have a/c. I peaked at about 10.

·
Chrome gets me home
2,903 Posts
Dropping the tank isn't hard to do and I actually have an efi fuel pump that might work
im just lazy and have yet to cut the access panel...i have a spare pump but im debating on just getting an all new complete set up from LMC...

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hope you got $$$ lol ive got a brand new tank too :)

·
Registered
576 Posts
It would get better if I tuned it up!! I haven't done it since I bought it, make it up to 12mpg!! and still haven't fixed the 4wheel drive since new year's eve:whiteflag

·
Registered
860 Posts
and still haven't fixed the 4wheel drive since new year's eve:whiteflag
I don't feel as bad about my braking situation now. They've only been out since January 26th. :toothless
I did buy new pads and shoes that are floating around in my shop somewhere... Maybe I'll find some motivation to work on it, so I can drive my topless, windowless, heaterless, carbureted, gas guzzler to work in this 29' mornings.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts