Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guy I know this sounds dumb but wheres the horn? The previous owner removed it on my 1989 bronco and I want to install a new one. I searched and it seems like some people say drivers side some say passenger I didnt see any obvious mounting locations and I didnt see the wire. If someone could also tell me or show me where exactly the wire is that would be a hugeeeee help. I know what color im looking for I just cant find it anywhere im hoping he didnt cut it out.

·
Registered
105 Posts
on my F150 it's under the battery, mounted below the headlight. There's two, facing eachother on a bracket with one single bolt, threaded hole, and a little pinhole thing for the bracket to keep straight

·
Registered
433 Posts
On my 87 which is probably the same as yer 89, it's right behind the bumper on the driver's side. If you're lying on your back looking up, it should be in line with the front left wheel. It's pretty obvious once you see it.

·
Registered
561 Posts
On my 90 it is behind the driver side headlight... doesn't look easy to get to either. Mine are rusted to hell and I also want to replace mine but don't know how to get at them yet...:rockon

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL. So I checked where you guys said and I still dont see any wires anywhere close to where the horn would be mounted. If anyone has a picture of where the wire actually comes from that would be a huge help. If not im about to the point where im going to run my own wiring. Oh and I dont want a picture of your steering wheel mickail ha.

·
not banned
5,970 Posts

·
not banned
5,970 Posts
did you find your horn?
i can hit a photo of mine in place if you need it, but its really right behind the driver's headlight as others said.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ha nope and to be honest I gave up. I honestly think that the guy before me cut the wire back at the harness somewhere. Looks like I will be running a new horn wire :(

·
Registered
145 Posts
on my F150 it's under the battery, mounted below the headlight. There's two, facing eachother on a bracket with one single bolt, threaded hole, and a little pinhole thing for the bracket to keep straight

mine is in the same place.

unfortunately i want to replace mine since the previous owner installed a retarded aftermarket one that sounds like a** and i'm trying to put it off as long as possible since it looks like a pain to get to.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So victory was finally mine. I gave up on finding the wiring and decided to run my own wire from the relay so now to find the relay. From searching it seemed like the relay should have been somewhere around the center of the dash. It was it was behind the glove compartment. Dont know why mine seems to differ from everyone elses but oh well. I ran some new wires installed my hella horn and I have a horn woohoo watch out bad drivers. It is freakishly loud and sounds really girly what more could I ask for.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Would you say the hella horns are worth the money? I havent had a horn for a long time and often wondered how they were. 86db i think they advertise, sounds like a good one.
Sorry I just saw your post. I was wrong its not hella brand its hadley. I am a fan of the hadley and the package claims its 110db and I believe it its a loud horn. My friend has the hellas its a different sounding horn and is pretty loud hes had it for over a year and uses it all the time and still works great haha.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts