Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
23,821 Posts
Moser has always made a hi-quality product, big in the racing scenes.
but unless they changed thier front shafts, they always brought the suck for upgraded strenght. yukon d44 shafts are not much stronger than stockers either. :thumbup

· Premium Member
23,821 Posts
My initial thought was to stick with the yukon or moser axles and I was looking at both the ox and ctm joints. I liked that the moser max axles were built thicker around the ujoint (a common break point). I know that with running a mildly built 400, manual trans. and 4.56 gears, all on 38's
I had that combo except with warns and CTM's well they lasted a year before the dana 44 decided it wanted to take a shit and well everything needed to be replaced. In that year of wheeling I had to replace 2 broken warn stub shafts.

I went to a 60 with stock spicer 35 spline shafts and after 2 years and doing something stupid I finally ripped the ears off of a shaft.

leave the 44 alone, buy a D60.

· Premium Member
23,821 Posts
Jopes, any leads on a good 60?
check out pirates forsale section. I see them all the time in there. from stock to completely built

And to say it is too expensive, there is a person on here that just posted wanting to know if $350 was too much for a axle missing the shafts and spindles. D60. it would be well worth it to buy it and toss in a set of yukon 35 spline shafts and some 5-806x spicers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.