• Yukon Hardcore

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Other

Votes: 8 44.4%
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
I've run Alloy USA and Yukon on my D44.... Very happy with the Alloy USA axles, not so happy with the Yukon's. On the other hand, I hear there are new better Yukons, which I'm assuming is what you're referring to with by Yukon Hardcore? Regardless, I voted for Alloy USA. But, I have never tried any of the others you have listed.

Good luck making a choice.

·
Registered
28 Posts
RCV Performance! Only shafts to own!

I voted for other! RCV's shafts are lifetime guarantee with no questions asked! Plus I would like to see you break one! You can also move your steering bump stops and allow more turning ability as they can take more of an angle! They rock and as soon as I can afford to put them in mine I will!

·
Registered
1996 Bronco 5.8l E40D(soon to be ZF) 4:56 and 35s
502 Posts
I voted for other! RCV's shafts are lifetime guarantee with no questions asked! Plus I would like to see you break one! You can also move your steering bump stops and allow more turning ability as they can take more of an angle! They rock and as soon as I can afford to put them in mine I will!
Are they truly strong enough to justify $1,285.00.

I am curious because I will be looking for chromos eventually.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Ten factory axles are looking to b the best bang for ur buck. Google them, most say there are good. Just my .02 cents

·
Registered
28 Posts
RCV warranty!

Look at the warranty! They are also the shafts most used by any comp rockcrawler! I have had most of the other brands and getting them to warranty them after telling them I was running above a 35 was hell! I have used these shafts on Jeeps with 38's and V8's without problem! Plus turning more is a huge plus when you drive a tank! Plus I have never broken one or heard of one breaking!

·
Registered
550 Posts
From some research it seams Ten Factory is former Alloy USA.
Yup, that's true.

If you can afford teh RCV's, that's probably the way to go for the ultimate setup. But, for some applications, chromos with good ujoints will be sufficient.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
RCV's,I personally saw a buggy on 44's with them on this weekend...they look tough! He banged on them hard! One thing to consider is that you never have to buy u-joints again, that or axles. For $600 for a set of chomo's and $300 for a set of CTM's, i would consider the RCV's...zero maintance as well..all you have to do is grease them from time to time and you dont even have to pull the axle out.

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
randys sells yukon shafts, Randys also bought out warns axle shaft division.

alloy USA is now ten factory

superior if you can get them, and they break good luck getting a warrantied shaft.

moser front shafts have always sucked, dunno if they got any better.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Ten factory is motive gear. Those RCV's are pretty cool but I don't know a thing about them. CTM joints are such a waste IMO. Don't you want the joint to at least SOMEWHAT give? For a D44 it's not worth it. I'd go w/ a good set of Cromo Yukon front shafts..that's the best bang for the buck.

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
Ten factory is motive gear. Those RCV's are pretty cool but I don't know a thing about them. CTM joints are such a waste IMO. Don't you want the joint to at least SOMEWHAT give? For a D44 it's not worth it. I'd go w/ a good set of Cromo Yukon front shafts..that's the best bang for the buck.
well the guy who started up ten factory @ motive gear was the same guy who started up Alloy USA. They just got dealt a bad hand.

Anybody running Alloy USA had warranty trouble?

I know Ten factory was warrenteeing the orginal alloy usa's, but I have not kept up lately.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts

I disagree about having the u-joint being a weak link. When the U-joint breaks it almost always takes the axle shaft with it, so why risk it just to have a weak link? The stock U-joints are weak compared to the other parts of the D44, and usually the first thing to break, so IMO thats the first thing that should be upgraded. Why spend the money upgrading axles if you want to leave a stock joint in there? Use a hub fuse if you want a weak link, and that ones a cheap and easy fix.

I got a set of Warn axles with CTM joints on my D44 about 6 years ago and have had zero problems. Before that I broke 4 stock axles/U-joints on the short side. Or maybe it was 3...I don't remember. Anyways from that my ball joint threads are so beat up I don't think I'll ever get the nut off when I have too.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I had Spicer 760X ujoints with my chromo shafts, and I never snapped a ujoint. I just kept breaking and spinning the outer shafts right at the splines.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
That's what I use is the 5-760X. Never had an issue..not rock crawling or anything w/ them but for average use it's been no problems. They are pretty solid joints. The way I look at it is, if you need CTM joints in your 44 it's probably time to upgrade to a 60.

·
Gear Driven!!
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's what I use is the 5-760X. Never had an issue..not rock crawling or anything w/ them but for average use it's been no problems. They are pretty solid joints. The way I look at it is, if you need CTM joints in your 44 it's probably time to upgrade to a 60.
60 is outta the ?

·
Registered
353 Posts
why is a 60 out of the question? If money is no object then it's a no brainer to me, go military or at the very least go Dana 60, if you want to keep it streetable then a 60 is perfect for you because it's a part that was specifically made for the ford family of trucks and it's pretty close to what's under there now only a lot stronger.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts