Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hay every one, I'v been thinking of doing the sas to my 96 F 150 ext cab for about a year but until I found this site i couldnt find enough info to try it. Think iv read almost every post in here on the sas for the 80 to 96 trucks. I'v already got a 76 d44 straight axel (compleatly rebuilt except for gears and C bushings) form hub to hub including radius arms and complete chevy TRE's (complete steering arms). If i use the TTB RA brackets with 2 1/2 drop brackets and TTB upper coil buckets what * C bushings do i nead to get about 6" lift. I dont do alot of hard core off roading but do enjoy playing.
Thanks for any help and do apologise if this question has been asked in the past. So much info its hard to absorb it all.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,025 Posts
I'm guessing a 4* bushing, but since my setup is not like yours, I would wait for someone that is using something similar to your stock RA's/with 2.5" drop. I am running 6" worth of lift, but my cage arms have 4.25* degree correction already built in, so I found that 4* was too much for my setup (ended up with a bit more caster than I need)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Shadofox, been looking at your bronco allot the last few weeks. Looks amazing.Id realy like to get the cage arms but cant afford them right now. How much * do the shims under the lower coil buckets have and what size are they, length and width. And how much clearence do you have between the diff and crossmember. I dont mind doing a bit of trimming.Dont know how much work it would be to replace it with a 92-96 F350 crossmember but thought about looking into it.
Thanks

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,025 Posts
ford352 said:
Thanks for the reply Shadofox, been looking at your bronco allot the last few weeks. Looks amazing.Id realy like to get the cage arms but cant afford them right now. How much * do the shims under the lower coil buckets have and what size are they, length and width. And how much clearence do you have between the diff and crossmember. I dont mind doing a bit of trimming.Dont know how much work it would be to replace it with a 92-96 F350 crossmember but thought about looking into it.
Thanks
Thanks
about 4*, made from 3x3"x 1/2" flat stock...go to chickentaco's SAS Pics thread...Reptillikus's machined ones are pretty much what you are looking to do.
Diff to crossmember clearance really is not an issue on mine, as the front crossmember lip has been trimmed. I wouldn't bother with an F350 crossmember, trimming the front is all you need. Many of us have done this, and I don't recall anyone running into a problem down the road due to "weakening"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts