Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a guy too dumb to tell me the engine he has in his 93 Bronco on the phone.
It's got an auto so it could feasibly be the 5.0 or 5.8.
He was reading the title and it has 44HP.
(yes I know thats not the real HP just the taxes)
I'm guessing the 5.0 and 5.8 have a different HP numbers on the title, so does anyone know which engine had '44hp' on the title?

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Actually no motor from a bronco should have 44hp on the title. on the title is what's called "taxable horsepower" which is a function of the bore and the number of cylinders. 302 and 351 both have a 4" bore and 8 cylinders so they would have equal taxable horsepower. It happens to be about 52.

Now you state may have a "non standard" way of calculating taxable horsepower, in which case you'd have to go through the state to find out.

Justin

·
Registered
897 Posts
run the VIN # at a ford dealer.

·
Forward Some Money
5,050 Posts
I got a guy too dumb to tell me the engine he has in his 93 Bronco on the phone.
It's got an auto so it could feasibly be the 5.0 or 5.8.
He was reading the title and it has 44HP.
(yes I know thats not the real HP just the taxes)
I'm guessing the 5.0 and 5.8 have a different HP numbers on the title, so does anyone know which engine had '44hp' on the title?
I think since he has the title in front of him I would ask for the 8th character in the VIN number H= 351 N = 302 ......I dont remember the 6cy designator

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
decided to drive out there. Turned out to be the 5.0 and the AOD was DOA like I predicted :doh0715:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts