1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
63 Posts
Personally I don't really like any of the extended arms that I have seen commercially avaliable. I like the box style of the bronco graveyard arms because of their strength when droppin down on sumpen. But the stud style back end limits your movement only given you about 26 deg total movements depending on your bushing. I am a big fan of hiems on the back side for two facts, adjustable length and nearlly unlimited movement, plus if you go with the Evolution Machine rebuildable hiem joints, the joints will outlast the truck itself. I am looking at building a set of my own box style extended radius arms. I would like to get some others to shime in though... to see what the they think...

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
I like my Superflex arms but I did a bit of modifiying to them. I made my own spring mounts so the coils don't bow and used my stock frame mounts for better ground clearance. They seem to be pretty strong. I very rarely seem to get hung up on them but I have a few times. One time it landed very hard on the right arm and all it did was scratch the paint.

And the arms allow flex more than my driveshaft or 6in lift Superflex coils can handle and I actually had to add limiting straps

·
Premium Member
23,551 Posts
home made. I am a cheap bastard and paying a grand for a set of extended arms is stupid.

·
Registered
63 Posts
hell it would almost be worth it to come out and well oregon and get some arms.... road trip anyone?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What's the significance of the BC Bronco's radius arms? Are they longer? Are they wristed? If your axle has the proper caster, then what's the point?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
The cage arms work well and are very heavy duty items....

5/16 wall DOM , BIG heims and 1/4" plate

plate

Just my opinion...And I'm a little impartial, Jims one of my customers. :thumbup

·
Premium Member
1995 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
235 Posts
I'm having a set of Duff's installed this week. I'll let you know how they turn out.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I just bought a set of Duffs. Hadn't had time to install them. Really wished they where installed. I'm headed to Durhamtown Park Tommorrow.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
home made. I am a cheap bastard and paying a grand for a set of extended arms is stupid.
I'm with you jopes ,hear are the ones I built.
:thumbup

1 - 19 of 19 Posts