Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hav e a1987 Bronco and since I live in Arizona one of the highest in vehicle theft, I thought it would be a good investment.... but which one is better?

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,535 Posts
huh?

do you have some you like and asking for an opinion or what?how much money do you want to spend? I just bought a viper 791 for about 200bucks

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
Kill switch question: which would be better, to interrupt the battery or the ignition? IMO, the ignition interrupt would be better.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I've thought of putting a switch on my nuetral safety switch

·
Southeast Utah Native
920 Posts
Kill switch, wired into the harness to interrupt the power to the coil. It'll crank but never fire. Hide the switch somewhere out of sight. Total investment will be in the $10 range & no one needs to ever know about it but you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
here is an even better one wire a kill switch to your door lock button! u wire it up so that the only way the truck will start is if your holding the lock switch down! if u dont have power locks u can use the blicker, or if your not a smoker and dont use the cig lighter that works too!

if u need help and for the wireing of it let me know i can get it all for u no problem!

·
Registered
194 Posts
SanDDrag'N said:
here is an even better one wire a kill switch to your door lock button! u wire it up so that the only way the truck will start is if your holding the lock switch down! if u dont have power locks u can use the blicker, or if your not a smoker and dont use the cig lighter that works too!

if u need help and for the wireing of it let me know i can get it all for u no problem!
How would that work? Wire it inline from the lock switch to the ignition? I've never even heard of these kill switches.....

·
Registered
26 Posts
we did them alot when i lived in SC its really not that hard! your using the lock wire to trigger a relay in turn reconnects the wire so it will start!

u could use the starter wire, fuel pump wire or the ignition box wire!

i would prob use something other than the starter wire though! sence that would be to easy for them to get around

but if u would like to do it i will tell u what u need and how to do it!

·
Registered
194 Posts
PM sent.

·
Registered
26 Posts
NP andrew i will post it up tomarrow after work with all parts lists and how to do it! the only one that is diff is the cig lighter one but i will post that one aswell!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Alright sounds great. Thank you.

·
Southeast Utah Native
920 Posts
SanDDrag'N said:

Sounds great, until someone else has to drive the vehicle, like for an emissions test or safety inspection, or possibly where you've been hurt out in the middle of nowhere & someone else has to drive your vehicle out. I'll stay with my hidden switch that kills the coil power, at least I can allow others to drive the vehicle without giving away my secret security system.

·
Registered
26 Posts
thats why i like the cig lighter one. as long as the cig lighter is in the truck will run fine but take it out and dead in the water. u can use it to inerupt the coil wire aswell and it will outlast a toggle switch.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Writeup SanDDrag?

·
Practicing Infidel
15,307 Posts
andrew351 said:
Writeup SanDDrag?
You don't want these kinda things posted on the net Andrew

I've got several defeat switches all over my bronco, two of which kill the ignition and the fuel pump relay.

There are new silent alarms out that send a signal to your keyfob and vibrate it, so you get the message in the theatre and they don't know it's being sent.

THAT'S ! WHAT YOU WANT ! after you're kill switches are installed.

Sixlitre

·
Registered
161 Posts
Cheapest way to go is just pull your coil wire off. I know its a pain to open the hood each time but hey! it works!! Hulio, Juan, Ignacio, ect. isnt going take the time to pop the hood and see if he can find whats wrong!!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Sixlitre said:
You don't want these kinda things posted on the net Andrew

You're right Six. It kind of defeats the purpose of having something like this if it's on the net how to do it. My bad.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
If someone steals my shit I'll hunt them down and chain them by the ankles then take them for a little drag into the desert never to be seen again. ****in' theives. It's funny that only around 100 years ago we would hang a person for stealing a horse and today someone can live out there years after committing murder. The f'n worlds gone crazy.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts