Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Fullsize Member
2,804 Posts
600cfm is plenty. Id stick with the electric choke (1406). Or you could step up and get the edelbrock AVS offroad 650 (1806) like I gots:toothless

·
IM FAT, YOUR UGLY!
3,783 Posts
My 1406 runs great. I found out too late that they're not recommended for an RPM-style manifold, though. Mine was running incredibly rich and was being difficult to tune. I went back to a standard 4bbl intake and the engine really responded.
yeah if you look at the intakes available for the 351 from edelbrock there's a few different types. Some are rated for High rpms and others from idle to mid range.

·
Registered
73 Posts
If you go Holley, get the "low rider" version of the 4160. Cheaper than the Truck Advenger and works just as well, if not better, IMHO.

Kirk
ps. You'll get more power out of the Holley and it out shines the Edlebrock 2 to 1.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I ran a Edelbrock performer intake with a 600 CFM electric choke Edelbrock and it ran very well.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
My 1406 runs great. I found out too late that they're not recommended for an RPM-style manifold, though. Mine was running incredibly rich and was being difficult to tune. I went back to a standard 4bbl intake and the engine really responded.
I have a 1406 on mine and it works great. I have a performer RPM on it as well so can you tell me if you meant the RPM manifold, or a single plane designed for high rpms?

Chris

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
I have a 1406 on mine and it works great. I have a performer RPM on it as well so can you tell me if you meant the RPM manifold, or a single plane designed for high rpms?

Chris
I have the RPM knockoff from Performance Products. It's a great intake, but for some reason I couldn't get the fuel mixture right with my 1406. Now, to be fair, I'm running a 302 which could be a big part of the problem. Power was fantastic, throttle response was good, but the gas fumes would knock you out on the highway and the mileage was crap (about 8mpg in a CJ5 with a 302? I should get double that.) I found an honest-to-god 68 Shelby medium rise intake which is working far better. Virtually no exhaust stink at all, no loss of power or response below 5500 rpm, much better idle. YMMV, but it really made a difference.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.