Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I need to replace the exact same piece of weather stripping on both of my Broncos. (Not sure why, but both of them are missing the same chunk from the same spot on the same side).

However, I can't seem to find it listed on LMC or graveyard.
Any clues as to which piece it is?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
361 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Super Moderator
5,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Redwagon. I didn't know it was one seal that went all the way around.

On both of my doors on both of my Broncos, that section is missing (just much worse on the driver's side), so I thought the vertical channel was one piece in itself and the rest of the door was another.

$140 for both, ouch.

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
This is why I was asking. I went to LMC and saw that page, but I don't see it listed.

Unless it's the one that's #4 that costs $70 - $90.
But to me that looks like the whole metal frame and everything. I just need the channel stripping.
It is #6 "Run Channel for $19.95, or #12 "Door Anti-Rattle Kit-6pc" for $89.95. The Bronco Graveyard parts are cheaper, but I cannot speak for the quality of either.

In actuality, it is the insert weather stripping that you need where a run channel is the metal glass run that holds the weather stripping which guides the glass. The terminology is what throws everyone off so look at the pics. The kit also contains the inner and outer base weather strip which gets hard and cracked scratching the glass and stressing the window motor.

·
Super Moderator
5,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ah, thanks. I missed seeing them by themselves. The full kit is a better deal, but I don't need all the other parts that come in it.
Not too bad of a price either way. And even if there's a quality difference, it's still got to be better than chunks of it missing and wind whistling at high speeds.

·
Forward Some Money
5,054 Posts
You can still get the rubber window run from Ford, same from 80-96 per Ford dealer. I just replaced mine on my 90 F-450.

F5TZ-1521536-A
LIST $33.62 PER SIDE

If yours can't find them, I can order them and ship them to you, but you'd have to pay shipping and Ohio sales tax.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts