Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

which tire to buy?

• [url="http://www.denmantire.com/catalog/21.pdf"]Denman Coyote - 305/85r16[/url]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [url=http://www.stausaonline.com/light-truck/superlug.html"]STA Superlug - 9.00x16[/url]

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Lifetime Fullsize
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I'm running the Good year in the size listed. I've had good results in multiple terrains. Respectable in mud, decent in the sand. They have a fairly stiff sidewall so I run less air than the BFG's they replaced. 8lbs in the sand and 12 on the trail. Good all weather traction on rocks and performed well in the snow.

I have no experience with the others you listed.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Going to have to agree with archer. If half of your time is on the highway i wouldn't go with the SSR's i have rode in vehicles with both them and good years and the goodyears seemed to handle weather conditions better. If you are looking for some more options, i would look itno some of the new Mickey thompson styles. No experience with them but the ATZ and MTZ tires have some good specs and reveiws.

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,995 Posts
i run the mickey thompson atzs on my jeep. they are primarily my dd tires tho. nice street tire but i wouldn't go play seriously in the rocks with them.

i've run mtrs on my bko, my main complaint about them is they do not self clean very well in the mud. awesome rock tire. not bad street manners. a little noisy tho.

i was recommending maxxis bighorns over mtr's as my tire of choice as a dd/weekend warrior tire, but i am just not seeing the mileage i would like out of them. they are siped, which makes them superior to the mtr's, and quieter too, but the siping is basically gone after about 12K miles. the lugs are still fine, however.

·
Registered
22 Posts
MT/Rs arent to bad but they do howl if you dont rotate them every oil change. if this is on a stock axled bronco i would go with a 35 jmo. as for snow they do fairly well.

Joe

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
13,387 Posts
i have run mtr's and they cupped pretty bad and were useless in the off road stuff after 20k. i ran bfg at's and they lasted a lot longer, but the performance just wasnt there. plus i couldnt keep air in them for some reason. i am currently running 37'' ssr's and like their perfomance and street characteristics, but i have not had them long enough to give a true opinion on them.

might i suggest firestone destination m/t's. i have them in a 33'' dia and load range E which you can get in a 16 inch wheel. they also come in a 35'' vesion. i like them alot. they seem to provide good traction and are not too loud. I believe it is GT rider that also has a set and likes them.

i got mine for 209 installed per tire at the local big o

1 - 6 of 6 Posts