Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my first Bronco. It's a 1990 with a 300 straight 6 with a 5 speed manual transmission. I only owe $1300 for it ($100 each month). I will have it paid off quick. I want to fix it up but then I decided not to sell my 1979 Ford F150 4X4 with 460/c6. My 1979 Ford F150 4X4 needs some motor work. Needs new main and rod bearings and new hub locks and new transmission pan.

I don't really know which one to fix first but my ideas for each truck is

Bronco:
6" lift
33s or 35s for tires on some wide rims
Tint my windows
Change automatic locking hubs to manual locking hubs
Get my rear window to work
Bumper with winch
Bedline the floorboards and rear

Ford F150 4X4:
Edelbrock Intake
New hub locks
Headers
Steering fixed
New transmission pan
Rollbar
Bumper with winch
Bedline the floorboards

Now I'm stuck on which one to get fixed up first and I don't want to spend alot because I am going to need to buy a tractor and do payments on one once I get my Bronco paid off. So I need to know which truck I should fix up first. I am currently driving the Bronco for a DD.

Here are some pictures of my trucks

BRONCO

1979 Ford F150 4X4

Which should I fix up first?

·
Registered
7,916 Posts
I'd fix whatever was cheaper first. And with a 300 and 5spd, no question I'd put money in the Bronco first. Functions much better as a DD than a truck w/ a 460.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
fix the bronco first. definitely be a lot better to drive around when the 460 is torn apart

·
Banned
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What yalls idea that I should do to the Bronco?

·
Registered
36 Posts
well what size where you thinking about? I am running 37 inch hummer tires on 3.55 gears and still get 13 miles a gallon. I know thats not great but thats 37's with factor gears.

·
Banned
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well what size where you thinking about? I am running 37 inch hummer tires on 3.55 gears and still get 13 miles a gallon. I know thats not great but thats 37's with factor gears.
35s

·
Registered
36 Posts
see you could run 35s with 4.88 gears if i remeber right and it will put you back to the same ratio as factory. There is alot of info on this site about tire and gear combos. I would recomend the six liter tune up but not sure if it works on the straight 6 or not did wonders for my 5.8 :)

·
Banned
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
see you could run 35s with 4.88 gears if i remeber right and it will put you back to the same ratio as factory. There is alot of info on this site about tire and gear combos. I would recomend the six liter tune up but not sure if it works on the straight 6 or not did wonders for my 5.8 :)
What tune up?

·
Too poor for FSM
1,395 Posts
4:88 is a bit high for a DD.
4:10's will be you justt under stock, basically stock,
and 4:56's will put you just above stock.
If you haul a lot and/or have an od, i would go 4.56's with 35's

Im going with 35's soon, and since i only have a c6 im going to
go with 4:10's

-Vance

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,877 Posts
Don't start throwing money around til you have done stuff like inspect the brake and brake system, and make the Bronco dependable, do the 3g alternator upgrade first. Search it-

1 - 20 of 26 Posts