Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh and maybe it's not the top that leaks..it's wet directly behind the driver's seat, but not the passenger and it's wet on the floor in the back corners by the tailgate

·
Super Moderator
25,819 Posts
yo,
for back corners by TG; Inspect da Tailgate To Bed Seal; that's the one that gets ripped up a lot when pulling stuff out.
http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-36021-tailgate-to-bed-seal-80-96.html

=========
Next up there are the 2 Weatherstrip End, Right (passenger side) & left (driver's)
http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-34544A-weatherstrip-end-right.html

Weather Seal, Outer, Rear Glass Run Seal Removal (broncograveyard pn 34543 for 80-96); "...Use a screwdriver to gently pry the OUTER weatherbelt up just enough to pop the cllps loose. I've pulled the far end out to show the clips, but it should be left straight until ALL the clips are loose, then lifted out without bending. The inner seal is removed the same way, but use a rag between the screwdriver and the paint..."
Source: Steve83 (Steve, That dirty old truck) at SuperMotors.net
--------------------
directly behind the driver's seat
most likely door ws...ck it; I use an idex card or cereal box piece. slide it in at bottom of door, close door and see if you can pull it up and/or Out ezily,
I use baby powder to find leaks...apply to ws and hose down

Also see;
Door, Side, Wind Noise TSB 99-6-5 for 94-96
Source: by Ford via miesk5 at cc

worse would be a roof/pillar/drip rail crack, but mostly for earlier yrs.
Roof Cracks Repair Procedure TSB 96-20-11 for 80-96
Source: by Ford via miesk5 at Miesk5's Big Bronco Links

Roof & Pillar Cracks Damage pics in a 94
Source: by Scott S (Canyonaro, dogonmut) at SuperMotors.net

one pic as an example.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so it's not a top seal? i have cracks like that but i dont think they look quite so bad. behind the driver's door it could be jsut the weather strip.. where do those weatherstrip ends go?

·
Super Moderator
25,819 Posts
so it's not a top seal? i have cracks like that but i dont think they look quite so bad. behind the driver's door it could be jsut the weather strip.. where do those weatherstrip ends go?
If you have cracks on roof/pillar/gutter area then test it out with a water container.

the ends go here where Steve has his screwdriver;

1 - 6 of 6 Posts