Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
si vis pacem, para bellum
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys im stumped

i've got a very high pitched whine/squeal coming from the front left of my bronco. it only makes the sound when im at a constant speed generally between 15 and 35. if i decrease speed it will stop and same with increasing speed but then it restarts when i reach a constant speed. its loud enough that the passenger can hear it with the windows down.

i really just dont know what it could be. it doesnt do it in park so i cant open the hood and listen.

any one got a clue on what to check?

·
Registered
710 Posts
try putting your spare tire on, see if it goes away. could be a multitude of things, but the tire is the easiest to check. also could be brakes, bearings, hub, differential... those are considering it is coming from the front left, sounds can travel through the metal in a car and it'll sound like it's someplace else. check the tire first though, it's free and only takes a few minutes.

good luck

·
Registered
202 Posts
try putting your spare tire on, see if it goes away. could be a multitude of things, but the tire is the easiest to check. also could be brakes, bearings, hub, differential... those are considering it is coming from the front left, sounds can travel through the metal in a car and it'll sound like it's someplace else. check the tire first though, it's free and only takes a few minutes.

good luck
well put. Try your best to generalize the sound to one area. Find a dead road with no one on it get up to about 20 and open your door and try to see if that helps figure it out. Maybe even stand outside of it and have someone drive past you in it. Get creative to track that noise.

·
si vis pacem, para bellum
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it did it before i got new tires then got new tires and it still does it. if i adjust the speed at all, accelerating or decelerating, it goes away.

tried having a friend do it and cant tell any more. i had a friend drive it and i sat in the pass seat and it wasnt coming from the right.

ill check my breaks tomorrow since i had jsut changed a brake caliper about 2 weeks before it started

1 - 5 of 5 Posts