11,136 Posts

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
85bronc said:
check out his garage, it has a pic
prety ****in big lol, I'm definetly going to get one of them bad boys :rockon
they have the mounts @ radioshack also
They also make one that is about 60" in length, which is what I run.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I have a 102" that I have on most of the time and I also have a 4' stainless steel whip that I put on when I plan on wheeling. The 102" hits too much stuff. I have my mount on the spare tire rack.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
k1w1t1m said:
I have a 102" that I have on most of the time and I also have a 4' stainless steel whip that I put on when I plan on wheeling. The 102" hits too much stuff. I have my mount on the spare tire rack.
That's why I run the shorter whip, mount in same place. Question though, do you just turn the little hex screw and swap the antennas in the base, and if so, how does this affect your tuning?

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
How come every time I see a thread about someone looking for something, it's because they couldn't find it on the web? Don't these people live near a mall ? Aren't there phone books out there? Do these people know how to use a phone book? Hint, everything is listed in alphabetical order.

Not ragging on you personally, 85bronc, just thinking out loud.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Shadofax said:
That's why I run the shorter whip, mount in same place. Question though, do you just turn the little hex screw and swap the antennas in the base, and if so, how does this affect your tuning?
No I have to remove the whole antenna from the mount. The 102" has the standard antenna thread, it is one piece, no separate base piece.

The 102" is untunable and with 18' coax to the CB has a good SWR. The shorter antenna shows bad on my CB but the guy I bought it from tested the setup and said it was good. I get a slightly better range with the 102" but there is not much in it. If I hadn't bought the 102" first I probably wouldn't have bothered getting one.

I have 2 4' antennas. One is a "Diesel" (from a truckstop) with a big coil at the base, the other is RS with a thin coil at the base. Performancewise they are both the same. Both work well.

All three of them are about $20

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
here is my setup i run dual 48 inch whips. I drilled a 1/2 inch hole fed a 1/2 inch bolt through bolted it and used that.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
green ones make me horny
11,136 Posts

·
Back in TEXAS
1,966 Posts
I run a 3' firestick on my spare tire rack. Doesn't hit too much chit and gets out pretty good. SWR's are a little off from what they were since my last trip into the brush. Chit was too thick for taking a full size through, eneded up breaking my mirror off along with messing the SWRs from slapping hte antena around too much, guess I need a spring on the bottom:rofl:

As for running the coax into the truck I just tucked it up under the lip of the top at the tailgate then put it under the pannels to run it up front. I cross to the console under the passenger front seat.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I mount my 102 this this bracket...

http://www.supermotors.org/vehicles/registry/showmedia.php?id=306541

But instead of using a backing plate I use smaller u bolts & bend them to fit the tube on the carrier & then into the holes on the bracket..

I also mount it on the outside of the carrier where I have it circled on the pick...This makes the truck directional to the from & just off to the righ a bit..

1 - 20 of 32 Posts