Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

341 - 351 of 351 Posts

·
Registered
78 Custom 351M NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI Hedman Headers Magnaflow Muffler 4.56 Gears Grizzly lockers
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #341
Those are the best kind of encounters. With an open mind you can learn something new everyday. Even if he didn’t fully grasp the concept, he now has more knowledge to make educated decisions later on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well he certainly wasn't an overbearing officer, that's for sure, so that helped. I didn't want to come off condescending, but I said I had a locking differential and asked him if he knew what that was and he said no. So, I gave him the quick 60 second explanation and tried to make it sound like I wasn't pulling something out of my rear.

I mentioned that it was more of an off road thing and he said he figured that with it being a Bronco and then confirmed by asking me if it was a Bronco. "It's a Bronco, right?"

·
Registered
78 Custom 351M NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI Hedman Headers Magnaflow Muffler 4.56 Gears Grizzly lockers
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #345
I sold the Chevy NP205 a couple days ago. I originally thought it was a Ford 205, but all three t-cases were Chevies. Also sold the 460 HEI distributor I had and a car audio amplifier I had that wasn't getting used. Selling stuff is always interesting, lotta personalities out there to deal with.

I'm guessing the Chevy guys think the 203 is junk just like the Ford guys do. Not sure I'll be able to get any money out of those.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I sold the Chevy NP205 a couple days ago. I originally thought it was a Ford 205, but all three t-cases were Chevies. Also sold the 460 HEI distributor I had and a car audio amplifier I had that wasn't getting used. Selling stuff is always interesting, lotta personalities out there to deal with.

I'm guessing the Chevy guys think the 203 is junk just like the Ford guys do. Not sure I'll be able to get any money out of those.
Dealing with the fb marketplace/craigslist people is an experience in itself haha

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #347
Dealing with the fb marketplace/craigslist people is an experience in itself haha

It sure is. It seems the biggest issue for me is people either not wanting to pay a reasonable amount for something or they just have no clue what things cost. I find it easier to sell things that are still being sold new, because you have a solid point of reference for your price rather than pulling something out of air... like say when people sell their Bronco.

Over the next month or two will be prime selling time as people will be getting tax returns and will be more likely to actually pay up for things they want.

·
Registered
220 Posts
It sure is. It seems the biggest issue for me is people either not wanting to pay a reasonable amount for something or they just have no clue what things cost. I find it easier to sell things that are still being sold new, because you have a solid point of reference for your price rather than pulling something out of air... like say when people sell their Bronco.

Over the next month or two will be prime selling time as people will be getting tax returns and will be more likely to actually pay up for things they want.
Oh yeah, late april/early may is prime buying season as people try to sell off all the dumb stuff they bought with tax return money lolol I have gotten sweet deals on very slightly used firearms that way

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #349
I went and messed around across the canyon again this afternoon. I made sure not to bring my dogs as they don't seem to enjoy this bouncing around stuff and when I do more of the rock crawler type of off roading they slide all over due to the angles.

I took a few pics to show you guys what I'm referring to when I say across the canyon. I know the other people from the Idaho area will know the kind of landscape I'm dealing with. I have a slight dislike of heights, so I think the closest I got to the edge of the canyon was about 10 feet. Close enough for me.

And, I wonder how many others on this forum feel this way towards heights. It's not that I don't mind being up high, it's that my instinct is to get down as quickly as possible and that means jumping and... I don't trust myself to not jump and jumping would lead to death in a lot of cases, so I try to stay away from the edge of things. I consider it the natural BASE jumper instinct. I'd make a great paratrooper, because if I know chances are I'm not going to die from the fall that I'd be more than willing to jump out of a plane.

At work I sometimes have to stand on top of large stainless steel tanks probably 20-30 feet tall and only have a small metal railing keeping me from going over, but I feel safe, so it doesn't bother me. Standing on the edge of that canyon scares the shit out of me at times. lol There were actually some BASE jumpers getting ready to jump off the bridge when I was there taking those pics, but I didn't want to hang around to watch. Over the last 10 years or so the amount of jumpers has really increased here. People drive from all over the country to jump off it. Yes, some people have died doing it and it means they either hit the water or hit the muddy river bank and leave a Wile E. Coyote print in the mud.

Wish I had a better camera, but you may be able to see the 3-4 guys with helmets on standing behind the railing in the center of the bridge reciting their hail mary's before climbing over and jumping. You can try zooming in on the pic, but it's basically just come black dots, oh well.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #350
I also found a decent spot to try some "real" climbing to test out the Bronco. My suspension is stock as far as I can tell, no lift. I still have both front and rear sway bars on as well. Just some 35's and lockers. I found a nice sized rock, maybe right around belt high on me (I'm 5'11), and I wanted to try something out on it. If I tried approaching this rock straight-on my bumper would hit it long before my tires would, so I got up close from the side and hit the tire with my wheel fully turned to the left so that the tire was the first thing to hit.

I'm trying to figure things out as I'm not an experienced off roader and I want to know what this turd is capable of. I put it in granny gear in 4-low, got nice and tight to the rock, revved to maybe 1500 rpm and then slowly let the clutch out and it just slowly went up the rock nice and easy. Getting the Bronco to stay put while I got out to take some pics was another story. I had to do it a few times as you'll notice all the marks in the dirt from my rear tires.

I had it a bit higher than this, but it kept dropping when I'd set the brake. I even went as far as to shut it off and leave it in 1st gear to keep it from moving.

You can see my tire deforming a bit onto the rock. I'll have to go see what the pressure is at as I did not air down. I had the pressure set around 25-26 psi before the Bronco got parked for a long while through most of this fall and winter, so the cold winter air I'm sure has dropped it down a bit from that 25-26 psi.

I'm also glad I went with the tucked exhaust exit. You can see (difficult with the glare) how close it gets to the ground with the way it currently is set up.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #351 (Edited)
This is the next obstacle I'd like to tackle, but I think I'd need a spotter to let me know when things may be getting hairy. The ledge at the top it probably a couple feet high, so I'm not sure if it'll be passable for my Bronco or at least not without someone guiding me. I took some poser shots while I was there.

It doesn't look like much, but this is the kind of stuff that makes my kids scream when I take them with me. This is the view from inside, so I kinda get it.

But you hang your head out and it's not so bad.

341 - 351 of 351 Posts