Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

341 - 348 of 348 Posts

·
Registered
78 Bronco 351M NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI Hedman Headers Magnaflow Muffler 4.56 Gears Grizzly lockers
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #341
Those are the best kind of encounters. With an open mind you can learn something new everyday. Even if he didn’t fully grasp the concept, he now has more knowledge to make educated decisions later on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well he certainly wasn't an overbearing officer, that's for sure, so that helped. I didn't want to come off condescending, but I said I had a locking differential and asked him if he knew what that was and he said no. So, I gave him the quick 60 second explanation and tried to make it sound like I wasn't pulling something out of my rear.

I mentioned that it was more of an off road thing and he said he figured that with it being a Bronco and then confirmed by asking me if it was a Bronco. "It's a Bronco, right?"

·
Registered
78 Bronco 351M NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI Hedman Headers Magnaflow Muffler 4.56 Gears Grizzly lockers
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #345
I sold the Chevy NP205 a couple days ago. I originally thought it was a Ford 205, but all three t-cases were Chevies. Also sold the 460 HEI distributor I had and a car audio amplifier I had that wasn't getting used. Selling stuff is always interesting, lotta personalities out there to deal with.

I'm guessing the Chevy guys think the 203 is junk just like the Ford guys do. Not sure I'll be able to get any money out of those.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I sold the Chevy NP205 a couple days ago. I originally thought it was a Ford 205, but all three t-cases were Chevies. Also sold the 460 HEI distributor I had and a car audio amplifier I had that wasn't getting used. Selling stuff is always interesting, lotta personalities out there to deal with.

I'm guessing the Chevy guys think the 203 is junk just like the Ford guys do. Not sure I'll be able to get any money out of those.
Dealing with the fb marketplace/craigslist people is an experience in itself haha

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #347
Dealing with the fb marketplace/craigslist people is an experience in itself haha

It sure is. It seems the biggest issue for me is people either not wanting to pay a reasonable amount for something or they just have no clue what things cost. I find it easier to sell things that are still being sold new, because you have a solid point of reference for your price rather than pulling something out of air... like say when people sell their Bronco.

Over the next month or two will be prime selling time as people will be getting tax returns and will be more likely to actually pay up for things they want.

·
Registered
214 Posts
It sure is. It seems the biggest issue for me is people either not wanting to pay a reasonable amount for something or they just have no clue what things cost. I find it easier to sell things that are still being sold new, because you have a solid point of reference for your price rather than pulling something out of air... like say when people sell their Bronco.

Over the next month or two will be prime selling time as people will be getting tax returns and will be more likely to actually pay up for things they want.
Oh yeah, late april/early may is prime buying season as people try to sell off all the dumb stuff they bought with tax return money lolol I have gotten sweet deals on very slightly used firearms that way

341 - 348 of 348 Posts