Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

781 - 800 of 849 Posts

·
Registered
78 Custom 460 NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI HyperSpark Ignition 4.56 Gears Front/Rear Grizzly Lockers
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #785
Those aren't fragile...
That was my thought when I saw the box. I read it out "A Christmas Story" style when I saw it.

·
Premium Member
1979 Bronco Ranger XLT, 400m engine, C6 trans, D44 front with Dick Cepek manual locking hubs
672 Posts
nice, springs made from glass or what? not to bad!

·
Registered
35 Posts
How much "lift" will these add to the front? What is your plan for the rear? Patiently awaiting your install, hah!

·
Registered
78 Custom 460 NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI HyperSpark Ignition 4.56 Gears Front/Rear Grizzly Lockers
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #789
Which ones did you end up getting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How much "lift" will these add to the front? What is your plan for the rear? Patiently awaiting your install, hah!

According to Broncograveyard's listing these are 5" lift coils. I've read reviews that specified they give more lift than that, so we'll see once I get them on. I'm not in a big hurry, so it may be a bit before they go on.

I'm going with the Deaver 4" leaf springs in the rear. Also considering extended radius arms.

·
Registered
863 Posts
According to Broncograveyard's listing these are 5" lift coils. I've read reviews that specified they give more lift than that, so we'll see once I get them on. I'm not in a big hurry, so it may be a bit before they go on.

I'm going with the Deaver 4" leaf springs in the rear. Also considering extended radius arms.
Do you need to upgrade the shocks to make up for that extra lift?

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #791
Do you need to upgrade the shocks to make up for that extra lift?

Yes. These shocks are pretty shot to begin with. I was waiting to flex out my factory suspension with the shocks and swaybars removed to see what I could get out of it before ordering new shocks, but I'll do that after I get the lift sorted out.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Yes. These shocks are pretty shot to begin with. I was waiting to flex out my factory suspension with the shocks and swaybars removed to see what I could get out of it before ordering new shocks, but I'll do that after I get the lift sorted out.
Dope dope, I'll probably end up mimicking your setup for lift because I dont know jack about it all lol

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #793
Dope dope, I'll probably end up mimicking your setup for lift because I dont know jack about it all lol

I don't know jack either, but I spend a lot of time reading. There's a gazillion threads with lifts on this site. Some are good, some are bad, but it gives you an idea. Pretty much goes for everything, lifts, exhaust, engines, etc etc.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #794
I also finally got confirmation on my hydroboost order the other day. Remember that thing I was excited about getting? lol. I nearly forgot I had ever ordered it.

I called them right after every date they gave me for when they were expecting it to be in stock, which was about once a month. I even kept the original voicemail I got telling me when to expect it, because I didn't want to feel like an asshole about expecting the timeline they gave me. Either way, it's supposed to arrive tomorrow according the to tracking in an email I got this morning.

I've got some other stuff coming as well. I'm just doing the "usual" upgrades guys do to the 78/79's.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I don't know jack either, but I spend a lot of time reading. There's a gazillion threads with lifts on this site. Some are good, some are bad, but it gives you an idea. Pretty much goes for everything, lifts, exhaust, engines, etc etc.
True but it seems like you're doing every fix/upgrade that I want to end up doing regardless so I'll take your word for it lol

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #798

GM style cast iron master cylinder along with a couple of hoses.

There used to be a label on this box within a box, but they cut it out. I'm assuming it was a label from the manufacturer sending it to Wildhorses as Wildhorses doesn't sell this stuff separately, just in a kit, while the manufacturer (hydratech) does sell things individually.

Manila folder with instructions and a sheet of paper telling you that things may be messy once you get to the bottom of the box.

More hoses sealed in a plastic bag and wrapped up in some paper.

And I didn't bother to pull out the actual hydroboost unit as I could see it had indeed leaked fluid out and I wasn't prepared for that mess in my kitchen while I was lounging in my PJ's, so I'll inspect that later on when I'm good and ready... and most likely outdoors.

·
Registered
863 Posts

GM style cast iron master cylinder along with a couple of hoses.

There used to be a label on this box within a box, but they cut it out. I'm assuming it was a label from the manufacturer sending it to Wildhorses as Wildhorses doesn't sell this stuff separately, just in a kit, while the manufacturer (hydratech) does sell things individually.

Manila folder with instructions and a sheet of paper telling you that things may be messy once you get to the bottom of the box.

More hoses sealed in a plastic bag and wrapped up in some paper.

And I didn't bother to pull out the actual hydroboost unit as I could see it had indeed leaked fluid out and I wasn't prepared for that mess in my kitchen while I was lounging in my PJ's, so I'll inspect that later on when I'm good and ready... and most likely outdoors.

ngl I'm pretty darn jealous, did you get that steering box ported so that it would work with the hydroboost/saginaw pump?

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #800
ngl I'm pretty darn jealous, did you get that steering box ported so that it would work with the hydroboost/saginaw pump?

You mean for hydraulic ram assisted steering? No. I didn't think I'd ever put on tires big enough to need that. I mean, it can be done after the fact I suppose, but it was an extra $110 for something I didn't/don't think I'll use.

Otherwise, I don't need to change anything else. I have a Saginaw pump with dual returns on it, so two lines will return to the pump, one from the hydroboost and another from the steering gear. Something like this.

781 - 800 of 849 Posts