Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

821 - 840 of 849 Posts

·
Premium Member
1979 Bronco Ranger XLT, 400m engine, C6 trans, D44 front with Dick Cepek manual locking hubs
672 Posts
absolutly true
same pictures in Europe, food and medicine industry is on a high level, industry and automotive is coming back, in germany specially due to the hybrid subvention payments by the state.
If you buy a hybrid you 4500€ down from goverment, if full electric its 9000€ plus the price down from manufacturers.

I ordered 2 VW UP electric cars for 50€ a month leasing rate, and an electric golf for 79€/month leasing. (as company pool cars)

·
Registered
78 Custom 460 NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI HyperSpark Ignition 4.56 Gears Front/Rear Grizzly Lockers
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #822
Here's a little teaser and probably the biggest reason I'm going to try to pick up some more extra shifts. Oh boy...

·
Premium Member
1979 Bronco Ranger XLT, 400m engine, C6 trans, D44 front with Dick Cepek manual locking hubs
672 Posts
Man... they got a lot of stuff that can be good and useful.
It’s category drivetrain? But even that help will not be a real help :)
So Tuesday = Christmas?

·
Registered
78 Custom 460 NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI HyperSpark Ignition 4.56 Gears Front/Rear Grizzly Lockers
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #824
Man... they got a lot of stuff that can be good and useful.
It’s category drivetrain? But even that help will not be a real help :)
So Tuesday = Christmas?
Suspension. Christmas will be in a few weeks.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #825
Make a quick stop at the JY and picked up a couple of C-caps that don't have the quad shock mounts. One was in the bed of the truck and the other was underneath it on the ground. Didn't even have to use any tools, nice. I'll be wire wheeling and getting them painted. I'm going to be removing the factory quad shock setup on my Bronco.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Make a quick stop at the JY and picked up a couple of C-caps that don't have the quad shock mounts. One was in the bed of the truck and the other was underneath it on the ground. Didn't even have to use any tools, nice. I'll be wire wheeling and getting them painted. I'm going to be removing the factory quad shock setup on my Bronco.

Any reasons for this? Got the quad shocks on mine but pretty sure theyre shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #827
Any reasons for this? Got the quad shocks on mine but pretty sure theyre shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aesthetics basically. Plus, if someone else wants a factory quad setup, I can give it to them.

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Hey Daniel
Good you Good some parts without Getting dirty or swearing. Rare experience I would guess!!

are you willingto part the bracket from passenger side c clamp that holds the shock?
I got the quad shock c bracket but miss the parts that holds the shock on the outside.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #829
Hey Daniel
Good you Good some parts without Getting dirty or swearing. Rare experience I would guess!!

are you willingto part the bracket from passenger side c clamp that holds the shock?
I got the quad shock c bracket but miss the parts that holds the shock on the outside.
Yeah, I was hoping the C caps were still there. I've pulled a few parts off that particular truck in the JY and the last time I was there the front axle was gone. I figured I might get lucky and I sure did.

I may be willing to let the bracket go, but it'll be a while before I get around to removing things. It'll be after I get my lift on and it looks like I'm going to be waiting quite a while for parts to arrive. I decided to piece together my own lift kit as I didn't like the pre-made ones a lot of people offer. I'm sure it'll cost me a lot more though!

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
It will cost you know, as usual individual setups do!

willing to wait for you, sure, it’s nearly 5 mm thick steel, so I will have problems to fab this highly bend parts myself.

thanks!! :)

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #831
So far, for my pieced together lift this is what I either have in my possession, have ordered already and waiting on, or intend to get.

Deaver 5" Coils up front
Deaver 4" Leaves in back
I have extended brake lines already installed
Duff long travel radius arms
4 degree C bushings
Duff HD lower coil Retainers
Duff universal long travel shock mounts and hardware for dual shocks
Duff adjustable trac bar with heavy duty trac bar end

I also have a Duff Torque Tamer traction bar coming as well, but that's not directly related to the lift. I had to tell them I was naming my next child Duff in order to get all these parts.

I'm 100% sure this isn't all I'll need, but it's the majority of what I have "figured out" so far. I'm considering a tie rod over setup, but like everything else I'm gathering I feel like I'd want to seriously upgrade things and get something like a heim steering setup. That's another significant chunk of money, so I'm going to wait until I get some of this stuff put on before I do something like that.

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
This will be an offroad beast with that setup.
Well, change the make from FORD to DUFF - we just need to find an U letter....

looks for me like an impressive lift of well choosen components!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
This is very similar to what I've pieced together in my mind. Which rear springs did you go with? Are you considering a shackle flip?

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #834
This is very similar to what I've pieced together in my mind. Which rear springs did you go with? Are you considering a shackle flip?
The H57's from Deaver.

I would consider a shackle flip, but only if I decide I want more lift than what the leaves give me by themselves. I know @BikerPepe` has those sweet zero rate blocks for a shackle flip if I decide to go that route.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,529 Posts
He's still got some powder coated, aftermarket, un-used shackle brackets too... fyi. ;)

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #836
Well, I got a text yesterday from FedEx saying that I was getting a delivery today and someone needed to be there to sign for it and it had a url link for me to click on. I didn't bother checking it out, figuring it was spam or an attempt at phishing. I was told from James Duff that they'd send a tracking number once everything shipped, I have not received anything from them yet. I took another look at it today and the url looks legit, so I checked it out. It was a url for the tracking and it says I'm getting a freight delivery today (out for delivery), so... James Duff order I guess? Maybe someone forgot to tell me about it. lol. Guess I'll find out. I was going to go do some JY hunting today, but I don't want to miss the delivery if I have to sign for it. Hmm...

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #837
Sure enough, James Duff boxes showed up. I haven't opened them up yet, but my cats checked the boxes for obvious damage and the boxes look good.

·
Registered
1978 Bronco Ranger XLT, 400/C6 92 K documented miles &1994 Bronco,XLT 85K original miles
1,067 Posts
Tomales and camper RVs are selling like crazy. Milk was dumped i think, as schools were closed. My wife gets school milk and cheese from her neice that is a teacher from the school freezer.... i work in the automotive aftermarket (performance stuff) and we can't get enough products. Demand is super high. I like yogurt but not the Greek stuff that my wife like. I like you play or store brand. Lol

·
Registered
1978 Bronco Ranger XLT, 400/C6 92 K documented miles &1994 Bronco,XLT 85K original miles
1,067 Posts
lol... towables....

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
cats and dogs and JAMES DUFF special equipment

can't be a bad day I would guess.

821 - 840 of 849 Posts