Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I'm new here. Looking to purchase a 95 XLT white exterior but it has a black top. Owner claims he bought it this way which I do believe and has very low miles. CARFAX came in clear with no accidents or issues with miles. Just curious as to why this is. Didn't the white broncos all have white tops except for the EB?
Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
1986 Bronco Eddie Bauer 5.0 mostly stock
1,904 Posts
is the current owner the original owner of the vehicle? If so, and he says thats how it came then its likely the truth.
If he's not the original owner then something could have happend to the original, and they replaced it with a black one or maybe someone painted it? You could always peek under the edge of the seal somwhere around the back glass and see if you can find a paint line.

As far as them coming with black roofs, i really don't have an answer for that, just doing a google search i sure don't see any like that.

·
Registered
1986 Eddie Bauer 5.0EFI AOD Full length headers Y pipe into single 3" Magnaflow 3" factory exit
1,557 Posts
On the order form you check the box on your order to specify color options, paint color, top color, interior color, white with a black top doesn't seem too controversial to me?

Look at the door sticker, should tell you all you need to know. Like Rob said, it also could have had the top swapped out with a black one. We put my buddys red 95 Bronco Sport top on my Brown rusty 85 back in the day, that was pretty funny looking!!

Lets take a moment & thank god broncos don't have pretentious owners group that have 1000 point concours judging events like some other vintage cars do!!

·
Premium Member
1986 Bronco Eddie Bauer 5.0 mostly stock
1,904 Posts
On the order form you check the box on your order to specify color options, paint color, top color, interior color, white with a black top doesn't seem too controversial to me?

Look at the door sticker, should tell you all you need to know. Like Rob said, it also could have had the top swapped out with a black one. We put my buddys red 95 Bronco Sport top on my Brown rusty 85 back in the day, that was pretty funny looking!!

Lets take a moment & thank god broncos don't have pretentious owners group that have 1000 point concours judging events like some other vintage cars do!!
**Cough corvette....**Cough Bloomington Gold...Cough

Sorry i have a cold

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
2,734 Posts
**Cough corvette....**Cough Bloomington Gold...Cough

Sorry i have a cold
That type of coughs usually clears up with 4-5 blows to the back of the pants with a dipstick and an Irish accent!!!!! 😂 I know someone is going to pop that comerciall on here at some point!!!!
Pictures man!!! We like pictures around here, especially Bronco ones!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Will the door tag tell what color the top was or was this just an option upon building when it was made? I am asking all these questions as this is not an original owner but very low mileage truck.
Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
1982 Bronco XLT Lariat, 351W, C6; 1989 Bronco XLT, 302, AOD
334 Posts
Look up the dealer's brochure for your vehicle. It will show you the colors available for the fiberglass tops in that year.

I bet @miesk5 will have the brochure you need.

TB

Reactions: miesk5

·
Registered
1986 Eddie Bauer 5.0EFI AOD Full length headers Y pipe into single 3" Magnaflow 3" factory exit
1,557 Posts
I just remember ordering my 96 new, and there was a spot to check top color, but i ordered an Eddie Bauer, so it only came in tan, so I skipped that part.

I checked a few door tag decode sites and it doesnt say anything about top color on the door sticker, just paint code, and interior code, which would make it impossible to get you that answer in "black & white" (pun intended)

Then I went online and looked up the 1995 Bronco brochure, and that shows all the interior & exterior colors, and top colors, but no mention of what top color top you could get with each color paint. Obviously they wouldn't let you get a green bronco with a maroon top, but you get my point. Look it up, see for yourself if you'd like.

I still don't understand the concern of if the top was originally white, or black, just curiosity? If you think it's supposed to be white and it bothers you, paint it white, problem solved, you can have an OJ Bronco then. Maybe the owner was very anti-OJ and painted it black?

·
Super Moderator
30,907 Posts

·
Registered
1983 Bronco XLT
11 Posts
Then I went online and looked up the 1995 Bronco brochure, and that shows all the interior & exterior colors, and top colors, but no mention of what top color top you could get with each color paint. Obviously they wouldn't let you get a green bronco with a maroon top, but you get my point. Look it up, see for yourself if you'd like.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, may have been a green with red topped Bronc ordered out there. Can't fully recall now but almost seem to remember some forestry broncos that had red tops with green paint. But looking on a quick image search only see white topped ones.

But I will say, especially in the 60's 70's hot rod era when most of the high end packages were special order, there were always plenty of paint options available for special orders. Still plenty of special order options today as well if you ask for them and are willing to pay the premium costs involved.

·
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
18,059 Posts
You will have to pull the carpet up and find the build sheet to know for sure. Black tops in general were rarer in the later years.

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
4,921 Posts
Yo Pops,
1995 Bronco Dealer Brochure @ 1995 Ford Bronco
Doesn't quite break it down like the brochure for mine where it actually said in it which topper colors you can mix with which body colors... That's disappointing... You can tell the exterior and trim color combos but not body color and topper? Sad...

But with that said I have seen white aeros with what look like factory black toppers... Came that way? Dunno... But I've seen a few... But... As mentioned if you don't think it's original, change it... But in the big picture it's not going to affect the sale value of the rig since it can't be proven or disproven as original. All that'll matter for value is that is in good shape.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts