Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I just got done doing my exhaust put new cats in and flowmasters now i have white exhaust coming out is this from the cats will this go away? their is also a lot of mosture coming out of the tail pipe is this also normal?

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Sounds like a blown head gasket. Reason I am saying that is those symptoms but also because I just blew mine and had white smoke, coolant smell and alot of moisture. But that is weird that it would happen just when you did a new exhaust. It could just be that you engine is breathing better and allowing more of the moisture (normal) to make it's way all the way to the tail pipe. One of the main byproducts of the engine is H2O.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Maybe rings.

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,714 Posts
Gray, Did you notice any white smoke before you did any of this?

If not, I would say its the cats and all the junk that was in the exhaust system from the "OLD" cats.....

As far as the moisture, thats normal on a good running engine....

I would take it on the Highway and try and blow all the crap out of the exhaust......In other words, run the pi$$ at of it....Always checking your gauges for any loss of oil pressure or overheating....My .02

Good Luck,

Allcruisen :imp :usa

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts
it is all the crap that was stuck in the pipes before replacing them. Take it out of the road like AC says and drive the shit out of it

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
New cats will have oils and such in them and they will take a while to burn away, at least that's what the guy at air care told me after I failed the test and told him I had just installed a cat just an hour earlier.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No it never blew white smoke before i did my exhaust.. I lift it running for about 30 min and it went away let it cool down and started it again a lot less white smoke I think your right its the cats that need to break in i wonder how long it takes them to break in my tags are expired and i can get a week pass to drive it..

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts
if you drive the shit out of it for a couple of hours or when you go somewhere it will heat it up and burn all the crap off of it as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts