Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey we are going off I-10 and watson rd this sunday am.Ive been once for a hour or two,but want to go back.Anyone else going? It would be nice to go with someone who knows the area!! We are going to do some 4x4 and some quad riding too!

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts
Im going to the dunes this weekend otherwise I would come. I need more wheeling!!

the wet weather that is forcast should make for no dust

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Man,I wanna go to the dunes bad,but way too much gas in the bronco.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OUCH!!!!! I just got the r back with a stroker rod and new big bore piston,and Im ready to try it out,plus the new ds 650 needs to go out!!!

·
Bronco Master
596 Posts
I'm guessing the Bronco on the trailer at 8600 lb with no gear is heavier than the Yota? I haven't tracked my towing MPG at different speeds yet, it's kind of an experiment in the works. I tow to Tucson on a semi regular basis (4 times a year or so) and the trip is always the same, so it is good for MPG comparisons. I want to try 70 and 65 on future trips. I think at 65 the MPG will be better, probably 9.5 mpg or so, but I might get run over or accused of having Sonora plates by other drivers.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
I get 11 MPG rigged up as below. The total weight is just under 20,000 pounds. Normal crusing speed is 62 MPH.

I don't have any data on MPG towing with the camper and the Bronco on the trailer. The Bronco weighs 3800 pounds more then the Sami. In the past, just towing the Bronco, with out the camper I would average 12.5 MPG when I'd keep it at 60 MPH.

*What time are you planning to be out at the White Tanks?

-Scott

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Around 8-9 am,nothing in stone yet! Rain should be fun too! Anyone else going out?

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
I'm probably going to be out there with a few friends. One has a Bronco with a 3" BL and 33s. The other has a F-150 4" suspension lift and 33s. Probably not going that early, but before noon I'm thinking.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
I'm probably going to be out there with a few friends. One has a Bronco with a 3" BL and 33s. The other has a F-150 4" suspension lift and 33s. Probably not going that early, but before noon I'm thinking.
Call me tomorrow when you figure out about what time you'll be out there. I'll drag my Bronco out. It's been a while since I've run anything with Ferd dudes.

-Scott

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I heard the same thing.I'll be in a white stock 88 with a black hood.Hopefully it wont be too bad!!

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
CAREFUL!!! There is a flash l flood warning for the area tomorrow. Some of those
washes flow pretty good.
Thanks for the heads up. What are you doin' tomorrow? Come out and play.

My friends and I are planning to be at the mini sand dunes at 11am.
Sweet. I'll shoot for that too.

I put the Bronco on the trailer already...so I'll be there for sure.

-Scott

1 - 20 of 26 Posts