Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday was a blast. We hit the trail just after 10 am with roughly 20 rigs. The weather wasn't too bad. Around 50 with cloudy skies....but the wheeling was awesome. :thumbup Met a lot of great people.
The first mud hole we came to, I got through ok, there was a 2' drop as you went in, so I hit really hard. Got through and watched the others take their turns. We than had to turn around and go back. So after watching just about everyone go through and get stuck and need winching, I desided to go ahead and try it again........this time I didn't make it. With the others going through and getting stuck, that 2' drop was now a 3' climb. Maybe if I had had more momentum I might have gotten further, but I got jammed in there pretty good. One guy had to put his snatch block on me and run his winch cable through and back to his jeep, than strap the jeep to a tree behind him, so he could get me out. Otherwise they were going to try and use 2 winches. But hey I had fun and got an "A" for effort. :D
Another jeep, destroyed his pass. side axle shaft and axle joint going up one hill. His front end must have come up 4' from the ground. Everyone below swore he was going to go over, thankfully he didn't.
And night runs are AWESOME! :thumbup Hit a few mud holes on the night run and had a lot of fun.
With nearly 12 hrs of wheeling the kids were whipped as well as the dog.
Oh yeah, we did have ONE roll over however......

My daughter was calling for me from the bronco, well the truck was sitting at an angle where I couldnt get the door closed all the way, so when I turned to see what she wanted, she had leaned on the door and it opened and out she come doing a somersault to the ground as her shoe flew 6 ' from the bronco. Poor kid. She got up, grabed her shoe and got back in the bronco and in the rear seat. She was fine, just her pride was hurt a bit. So that was the roll over of the day. :toothless

Here is a pic. The rest are on my Superford site. CLICKY.

Oh yeah that pic is of me........of course :toothless
Will be adding more pics soon hopefully. :thumbup

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. ;) I tried showing them up. LOL. Just couldn't trash on the bronco the way a lot of them were their heeps.....as I have to drive mine to worl. LOL
Here's another pic. This is where I got stuck my 2nd pass through that mud hole. The same one the EB got winched out of.

Can't wait for the next run. :thumbup

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
that looks like a blast. I cant find any local 4x groups here wich kind of sucks cuz that means I cant do that kind of wheeling lol Just dont wanna get stuck and have to leave the truck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts