Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did you do it yourself? do you have any plans or pick of other guys designs? is there a reason i cant use a pintle hook and big eye like i saw on a bob cat trailer? i got the whole frame still and i need to know where to cut and how others have done it. i saw a guy notch a frame and bend it in. that was a yota. i would like to have a bed type tool box but not in the bed, just on the tongue. so anybody got a cool site on this in their favs? thanks. i do have access to a trailer place. they got fenders, lol, for little trailers. weld on and bolt on ball plates and receivers of many lengths pre made. its a 76 F150 long bed. 2wd and its got overloads and a 9" and i was looking at 2" blocks to raise it up a litte.

·
Registered
13,892 Posts
I know a couple guys that have done this, both the same way you described - cut a pie-cut in the frame, just in front of where they'd put a trailer box, and added the coupler. Best I could tell, the frame was cut off from the front end, right behind the front cab body mounts

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,869 Posts
Seen a guy in Post Falls pushing those little truck-bed trailers out of his home garage like a production line. Always sold fast for cheap.
Basic inspection revealed... well, pretty much what Dave just said. :thumbup

Also... I could give you a few pics on a swiveling head tounge that was used on my Harley Trailer. Allows the trailer to twist completely, but would still be limited some on the approach angle. Let me know if your interested.

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sure, any pics would be cool. anybody need any 2wd front end parts?

·
Registered
64 Posts
axaviere said:
sure, any pics would be cool. anybody need any 2wd front end parts?
If you're still looking for pics let me know, I've did this a number of years ago to a mid 70's Ford. Still use it to this day, I'm in the middle of moving but I could take a few pics of it to show the way I did it.

Greg

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes please. any pics would be great. thanks, AXE

1 - 7 of 7 Posts