Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

do your doors/windows/locks actually work?

• my doors work (for now anyway HAHAHA)

Votes: 60 65.2%
  • doors still there, but the window or door locks dont work

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • i got manual everythingscrew all that electronic BS!

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • who needs doors??? they fell off and theyll stay off

Votes: 4 4.3%
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was junkyrd shooping today-got some interior domes, a van saginaw pump and some nice rust free doors with power windows and mirrors!

now im always for simpler is better, but my doors were in sad shape- door locks dont work, and one of the window motors need bushings the vent windows dont lock, the ps lock popup is MIA UGHHHH .... and theres some rust on the inside bottom

not to mention i ripp off the door panels way too often to fix little things which is really annoying when theres more important things to do, like eating mcd's and throwing french frys out of the working power windows toward other people:thumbup or looking around in a sketchy area to make sure noone goes up to ur passenger door that you cant lock from inside.....:banghead and the mirrors always go out of adjustment over 75 mph:banghead
so that is why i went for a complete set of different doors that will have all new seals and working everything, and theyll be done, and there will be no more taking off the door panels....

i kno theres others out there that share my pain- whos got doors that work cause im jealous!

·
Banned
5,463 Posts
Damn you could of fixed all of that.

My power door locks don't work in the 90. Theres some kind of canster in the bottom corner that just flops around because someone removed the rivit holding it on.

I don't care about it though, the door still locks.

·
Registered
454 Posts
well, i have one door that locks, and no windows lol. im hoping its just a fuse/circuit breaker that makes my windows not roll down.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Damn you could of fixed all of that.

My power door locks don't work in the 90. Theres some kind of canster in the bottom corner that just flops around because someone removed the rivit holding it on.

I don't care about it though, the door still locks.
well ive messed with the door panels so many times and the doors themselves need all new seals and the window locks dont work

and if i swapped to 92-up mirrors like i want to, i would still have the grommet left from the old mirrors, or id have bodywork to do. the white (same color as my truck) doors i got have working mirrors windows and door locks...so its a bolt on with some wiring, and i have the door key but ill install keyless entry and remote start too.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
not to mention i got the doors nearly for free

·
Registered
904 Posts
my passenger side door works great, my driver side door is actually the extremely rare electronic assist option, released in the mid 92 model year to try to reduce draw off of the battery adn thereby conserve gas. Using one hand to press the button up and one hand to lift the window, it goes right up and usually stays in place.

·
Registered
454 Posts
so, does anyone know where to get the fuse or circuit breaker that goes to the windows? on the diagram for the fuse block, it is number 14.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,299 Posts
Replaced my doors with brand new shells

bout 4 years back. Our road salt up here made mine need a lot more than lower skins, so at $160.00 a brand new door shell I sprung for it.

I even pre-undercoated them and painted them first after seam sealing them and drilling them for later style mirrors;

(note the old rusted POS door in the lower left)

Like you I wanted 92-96' style mirrors so the holes weren't wanted either. Got the mirrors after market for $50.00 a pair because they just simply weren't out there in junkyards at all !

As far as the window motors and power door lock actuators.... well kinda yes and no.

I replaced the $6.00 plastic dowels;

in the passenger's motor gear casing so it works well. The driver's window motor stops working once in a blue moon, but by simply turning the set screw (on the top) just a hair it will work again for another 9 months.

The power locks stopped working years back so I disconnected the linkage to them and they worked fine manually.

About the same time I did my new doors I sprung for aftermarket power lock actuators from Rock Auto. They don't work worth $h!t, never did and I disconnected them shortly after installing them.

I'm convinced only Ford actuators will manage in temps this cold (as the stock ones did for the first 17 years). I ain't willing to pay that kinda $$$ for the power privilege ! So.........they stay disconnected

Woulda filled out your poll but windows work, locks don't wasn't in there:thumbup

Sixlitre

·
The Thread Killer
3,212 Posts
Haha, everything (locks, windows, mirrors) on both my doors actually works well.

Shit, I probably just jinxed myself. :doh0715:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Everything (works) except for the driver's side electric lock...

was kinda sketchy for a while, then finally took a s***. Window motors are suprisingly still really strong after twenty years...go up and down just as fast as new. Doors open and close absolutely perfect, don't know if the previous owner did anything, I didn't, but mechanically, they are flawless. Door mirrors are nice and tight

·
Chrome gets me home
2,903 Posts
both my doors work 99%...the driver side door doesnt have the stopper thing in the hinge so it just opens and swings back shut...kinda annoying...other than that theyre bueno

·
Official FSB beer drinker
1,534 Posts
both my doors work 99%...the driver side door doesnt have the stopper thing in the hinge so it just opens and swings back shut...kinda annoying...other than that theyre bueno
Same here. I also find myself replacing a door lock actuator about once a year.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Haha, everything (locks, windows, mirrors) on both my doors actually works well.

Shit, I probably just jinxed myself. :doh0715:

lol,i didn't want to say it. always replacing a switch now and again and batts for the keyless, but alls good.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts