Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
someone has had these made and i would like to get a set like them. i upgraded to the F350 booster-m/c and now the lines come out where the wiper fluid tank used to be. i saw the setup on someones rig and i cant recall who, but they got braided lines made with a 90* coming out of the m/c and they have the correct fittings for going into proportioning valve... anybody? there are the 2 places in the mags every month, anybody used either one?? thanks, AXE

·
But what does mine say?
954 Posts
You can get a kit from summit racing. Also, what you can do is make a set of your own. Advance Auto sells brake line in lengths with the fittings on them. All you have to do is bend them to fit. And if you have a flairing tool, you can shorten the lines as you need to. I've completley redone my front brakes this way, as well as replace a few sections on the rear. It's not hard, and can be done in an afternoon.

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they make a braided line kit? cool deal. i'll have to look for that. i liked the 90* fitting most. plus i gotta get the wiper fluid tank in there again.

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, i think we are not talking about the same thing here. i have the pro comp lines that go from the proportioning valve to the brass T on the axle. those i got. what i was asking was if anyone has any experience with any of the custom line places. i would like braided lines with a 90* coming out of the F350 master cylinder and on the other end i need the stock ends for a 78-79 bronco, which is my year. i just bent the stock lines around to fit the other side of the M/C and flared the lines myself with a $9.99 harbor freight kit. i just want to eliminate the stock lines themself. i know the spiral is in there for a reason... anyone know what that is? AXE

·
But what does mine say?
954 Posts
Sorry dude. Just trying to help. I have always just replaced the bad parts with advance auto stuff. I know of a few custom companies on the market though. If you want any web links or phone numbers, I'm sure I can find some.

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey man, nota big deal. theres classic tube and inline tube. i didnt know if anyone had used either for any lines that they may have had made or knew anyone that had some made. i dont mind paying a little $$ for the short length of lines that i need made. i will call both companies and let you know who is cheapest. AXE

·
Registered
787 Posts
i know the spiral is in there for a reason... anyone know what that is?
It's there to account for body flex, and relieve stress on the line.

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
axaviere said:
i will call both companies and let you know who is cheapest. AXE
Now that goes against the whole purpose for starting this thread...you wanted to know if anybody used them to find out if they got a quality product from a reliable vender right??? Then when noones used them and you decide to be the first, you gonna let us know who's cheapest???:shrug C'mon...you gotta give us the whole report card once the new lines come in....:thumbup

(Just rattling your cage Axe...I know you'll fill us in once you have em)
P.S. take lots of pics. I'm gonna do that swap and wanna see how it lays out in the engine compartment.

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
somebodys always gotta be first. i know they guy that had some made, but he never gets to any of the sites anymore. i can use braided & that will take care of the flex that the coils compensate for... i hope this will allow the use of the factory washer tank. i will let you all know. plus if there is a cheap way, you know im all about saving a few $$ so i can spend a little more $$ elsewhere. AXE

1 - 9 of 9 Posts