Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm talking serious tires, say 39.5+ with an absolute minimum amount of lift. We plan on breaking out the sawzall (hope that's not a dirty word around here) to limit the amount of lift required to clear a set of 42s. Seems like I read/saw somwhere that it can be done (clearing 42s I mean) with as little as 4" of lift. Someone at another site linked to a late 70s 3/4 ton Ford, think it was yellow, that was running 42s and had only 4" of lift but I can't find the link now. So who here gets honors for biggest tires with least lift?

·
USAF Veteran
2,975 Posts
what kinda axles you runnin on? i hop not ttb crap, if you want 42s

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm runnin' 42's w/ 4" of lift...on a 78/79 bronco....

but I also moved the frontend 3" forward.....otherwise I'm pretty sure that when really flexed up and tire turned to lock, you'd get into the front body mount.....
but, w/ the frontend moved forward, I had to remove some of the core support...

--Berne

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
dude i am going to run 39.5 like you. i want to have a set of at least 42s on rims waiting for special events. i dont want more than the 4" i have now. but i have a 79. i can get away with it, but if your going to do this to the 84 you have in your sig, i think you will need to do some work, but you sound like your not shy with the sawzall. lotsa guys will be able to tell you more about the S.A.S. and how little lift you can get away with, your truck is built different. i saw that same f150 in the mag plus deadman is running 42s now, i dont think he is over 6" of lift. take pics... AXE

oh i thought it was Twin Torsion Bar...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts